That my brother, is the Holy Spirit moving in you. Does not matter if you are Catholic or not but a follower of Christ and His word. We are all here together on this planet for other than material needs and wants.

Not being sanctimonious or advocating, just sayin' smile.png

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • Like 3
I am not Catholic, and I have never been so moved as I am right now, by the election of a Pope, it's very strange.

I am not Catholic, either. Can't say that I'm moved, but it's like reading a good book or something.

• Like 1
I am not Catholic, and I have never been so moved as I am right now, by the election of a Pope, it's very strange.

I am not Catholic, either. Can't say that I'm moved, but it's like reading a good book or something.

I was moved to tears, I am aware of the Spirit, but I just have never been moved like that by a Pope or anything about a Pope, that's the strange part for me. God does move in mysterious ways so....

• Like 2

I watched it with interest and joy.The strangest thing to me in all of the process was that mainstream media was covering it! The same media the ridicules and vilifies EVERYTHING related to Christian morals and teachings, and that willingly mocks Christ and questions his divinity.

As I watched the new Pope one image that came to mind was a spiteful Michelle Obama staring at the tv and cursing "all this over a damn Pope"!

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 2

Well that figures. I just sent my resume online to the Vatican for the position a week ago. I guess I shouldn't have put down $475.00 an hour for the desired wage they asked me on the application form. I also told them I wouldn't join the "International Brotherhood of Popes and Cardinals of America". I think they don't like us non-union scabs

• Like 1
As I watched the new Pope one image that came to mind was a spiteful Michelle Obama staring at the tv and cursing "all this over a damn Pope"!

That fucking useless bitch is the farthest thing from my mind at any given moment.

• Like 3

I have to admit when they said as a Cardinal that he refused to ride in a limousine, instead took taxis or the bus, lived in a small house and cooked his own meals I was impressed. I am not Catholic but it seems he really is someone that can be admired and possibly overcome the scandles that have taken place. I cant blame the church for pediphiles infiltrating their ranks to gain access to children, but they NEVER should have covered it up!

I watched the whole thing and didnt find it moving BUT fascinating in the sense that it seems to go against the very gospel of Christ Jesus. To worship this one man and exalt him above all others just seems so wrong to me. I understand he's the head of the Catholic church worldwide but he's still just a man. I have an opinion as to why this happens but I'd like to hear others thoughts on the subject???

No offense to any Catholics here but to me it just seems to directly conflict with the gospel of Jesus and his teaching to worship or idolize this man. I just dont get it????

• Like 2

glad to hear it aa re-cvrd

That my brother, is the Holy Spirit moving in you. Does not matter if you are Catholic or not but a follower of Christ and His word. We are all here together on this planet for other than material needs and wants.

smile.png

amen to that.

No offense to any Catholics here but to me it just seems to directly conflict with the gospel of Jesus and his teaching to worship or idolize this man. I just dont get it????

This is one of the reasons behind the many aspects of the Christian churches. Many things the Catholics do, seem to go against the teachings of Christ. At least to those that are not Catholic. Which is why the many differing churches that follow Christ as their leader celebrate him in different ways. In the end it is all about the base which the church comes from, the belief in following his word. I am Catholic, but I understand how some find it odd, that is, some of the things Catholics do

In 1232 AD, Pope Gregory the IX introduced a policy known as the "Inquisition".

First Crusade: 1095 AD. on command of pope Urban II.

1538 pope Paul III declared Crusade against apostate England and all English as slaves of Church (fortunately had not the power to go into action).

17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany.

And the trial of Galileo Galilei Pope Urban VIII

In the 1950s, Gerald Fitzgerald, the founder of a religious order that treats Roman Catholic priests who molest children, concluded "(such) offenders were unlikely to change and should not be returned to ministry," and this was discussed with Pope Paul VI

Not really wanting to know what's next in the world of the Popes........

Edited by read_the_wall