FSB muzzle device detent retention pin loose

I have a Saiga 332 which I have restored to AK configuration. The FSB was a 74 style from the factory, but I noticed that the cross pin which retains the muzzle device detent and spring is only being held in by the detent spring pressure. In other words, one end of the pin is peened over, and the other end isnt, meaning I can push the pin out from one side using my fingers and very little pressure.

The rifle has seen a couple hundred rounds without it falling out, but I would hate to lose it. Is it supposed to be loose like this, or is it supposed to be secured? If so, how should I secure it? Is there another method beside ball bearings to flare the end of the pin?

Thanks.

Edited by thepenguinknight

Ive never had one fall all the way out. All of the ones I have and had, have been loose to the touch. It wont hurt anything to flare the end. It should go in from left to right, so you should only have to open up one end. The other end should have a head on it.

If it hasnt fell out yet, then it likely wont. Its up to you.

ETA: One thing I did with a recent project was push the pin out as much as I could with my finger, put a dab of superglue on a toothpick, and apply a small amount to the inside portion of the head of the pin, and push it back in. It never got loose again, and has stood up well to date with the barrel heating up. It also wont be as much of a pain to drift it out with a punch should the need arise.

Edited by Captain Hero