Can this buttstock be made to work with my saiga?

If you like the MagPul's CTR, I suggest you try their new STR for the improved strength, better cheek weld and storage.

And yeah, there are several AK tube adapters to choose from, and you can have them fold too.

You can have a straight bolt-on tube, or you can do a receiver block, folding mechanism & pignose adapter to mount a standard tube on to.

You can also get tubes in either milspec or commercial diameters.

Here are two I compared/reviewed, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70745-reviewcomparison-of-vltor-caa-m4-style-collapsible-stocktube-adapters-for-aks/

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I have 2 Saigas with a Magpul CTR. The 7.62 has an internal block, pignose adapter, castle nut, buffer tube and the stock. My S12 has the one in the link and i actually prefer it over the one on my 762

How is the quality of this one?

Seems a bit cheaper than the other options.

Its solid. I had the Vltor. But this one shouldnt be any less quality, as they are very close in price.

this is just a question for myself, perhaps the OP could benefit as well. The description says "installs easily on AK's, Vepr's and Saiga's without removing the tang". so if that's the case you could always revert back if you wanted, correct? If so that would be a huge plus in my opinion. Thanks in advance

@Saigoon,tell him bro, that PTS crap fools a lot of guys when shopping for Magpul products on E-BAY or AMAZON. the PTS crap if dropped will crack or even better shatter as i have witnessed it before W/those who thought otherwise. The ctr stock pictured runs around 65-70 give or take the diff in shipping from vendor to vendor..Also make sure you know the size of the buffer tube be it commercial or mil-spec and order your stock according to the tube you install.

I just realized this was a PTS "Magpul", basically a Chinese POS copy of the Magpul parts made for airsoft but sellers try to trick unknowing buyers into thinking its the real deal. JUST SAY NO! pony up the $90 and get the real CTR, I have 3 and they're worth it.

I don't have any wobble in my MOE. The only difference I can see between the two is one has a sling swivel socket and the other doesn't.

And the extra lever on the CTR that locks it in place so it doesn't have any play in it.

haha...Well I did grow up in the rural south. But serriously. I am pretty damn new to the AK-47. Though ive been on the receiving end a few times. I bought the dreaded tapco t-6 stock, and folks. It wasnt expensive, and damn if it doesnt fit well and has NO wobble. I dont have any texas armaments or chaos stuff due to cost, but Im damn happy with the tapco stuff. I have the tapco tri rail which also fits pretty damn well. My point is this, since I can not afford the fancy new fangle stuff I just buy what i can. Will I upgrade later? Damn straight. i really like the look of the skeleton folding stock. And i like nacho's, so quit holding out!

Yeah I hear ya on going the cheap route. I'm the same way I guess. Had a T6 but was so wobbly it really bothered me. Then somebody locally was selling a plastic stock off some CAI AK74 of some kind and I put it on there and its so small and the angle so odd it feels ridiculous. Those Magpuls look quite comfortable though. I think the only way I'm going to get a stock that fits me well is to make one.