What are you guys doing now that shooting & gear is cost prohibiti

Since I don't want to go out and shoot my ammo up, I have begun playing more guitar and writing more to pass my hobby time.

I used to look for good deals to add/modify to my collection, but now it just makes my stomach turn to read what is going on with gun-related pricing and availability.

Over half the threads I see on forums it seems have something about gun-control and I am tired of writing my representatives this much (but will continue to do so).

So what are you guys doing in lieu of shooting your ammo reserves and modifying your collection?

Origami?
Binge drinking?

Fapping More?

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

I play airsoft and try to sign the kids at the field up for GOA and NRA memberships. After all, every country that banned real guns went after airsoft within a few years, its not a hard sell.

Airsoft sounds lame until you play a few indoor close quarter games. I beat the kids by a high margin.

Having actually shot most of the guns being played with, including a few machine guns, does give you something to gloat about.

I played a couple weeks ago with mags loaded with 7 rounds each to prove a point... I never got caught on a reload.

• Like 4

Im still doing what I have been. Putting money aside for other items of interest that may serve me well in a time of need, that includes ammo and parts. Just dont shoot as often, but still get to do so.

• Like 1

I don't shoot in the winter, the outdoor range runned by ohio DNR is closed and even if it was open I still wouldn't shoot, just too cold to that.

but come warmer weather, I will pay the 24 dollar a year range pass and go and shoot.

unlike a lot of you guys, I bought it cheap and stacked it deep, so there is ammo shortage in the Hopkins basement victory.gif

• Like 1

Im still shooting, I saw it coming, not only stocked up but started reloading, pistol rifle & 12ga loads......past couple weeks Ive been pouring 1 oz slugs and testing accuracy of the saiga12 and slugs & having fun with that......if the political crap were out of the way Id be a real happy camper

trick question. the correct answer was: doing everything you can in your spare time to fight back against these fuckwad politicians.

Seriously though... Been working on my house. Getting garage storage build, building a workbench. Garage was just a skeleton when I got this house. Need to get it set up to build a couple AK kits.

Been shooting air guns. .22CB is also still on the shelves, so I shoot some of that to keep things quiet.

Also running a lot more, that is something that gives me about the same level of relaxation as shooting does. Just takes a couple hours of hard work before that feeling sets in.

Also have a motorcycle to get on the road, and yes actually, building guns has kept me from finishing that for about 2 years. 1982 Honda CB650, got it for $1. Runs perfect but the last owner dumped it and trashed the forks and all the front electrical. Found new forks on eBay and complete wiring/lights and dual-piston brakes on Craigslist from a tweeker that took his apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together - parts total? $50.

I am also planning a day to make my current ammo stash count. I'm looking for some places out in the forest where I can get some 500yd+ shots going, since no range in the area has such a thing. Want to take my time and make some long shots with all of my rifles.

• Like 1
trick question. the correct answer was: doing everything you can in your spare time to fight back against these fuckwad politicians.

Seriously though... Been working on my house. Getting garage storage build, building a workbench. Garage was just a skeleton when I got this house. Need to get it set up to build a couple AK kits.

Been shooting air guns. .22CB is also still on the shelves, so I shoot some of that to keep things quiet.

Also running a lot more, that is something that gives me about the same level of relaxation as shooting does. Just takes a couple hours of hard work before that feeling sets in.

Also have a motorcycle to get on the road, and yes actually, building guns has kept me from finishing that for about 2 years. 1982 Honda CB650, got it for $1. Runs perfect but the last owner dumped it and trashed the forks and all the front electrical. Found new forks on eBay and complete wiring/lights and dual-piston brakes on Craigslist from a tweeker that took his apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together - parts total? $50.

I am also planning a day to make my current ammo stash count. I'm looking for some places out in the forest where I can get some 500yd+ shots going, since no range in the area has such a thing. Want to take my time and make some long shots with all of my rifles.

I see you're in the Seattle area, what I do is go to the Snohomish/Monroe valley (especially during winter) and offer the farmers some cash to really stretch out. Some take it, some dont, but you'll be happy you asked when one says yes. Then ask if they'd go for it again in the future, more often than not they're gun owners themselves and might even join you.

I'm actually closer to Capitol Forest. If I was going to go in that direction, I would probably go all the way over to the eastside and make a weekend trip of it.

My family used to own thousands os acres of wheatland in the Palouse. Grandma sold her place when I was ten, long before I could really enjoy it :(

Building the Bulgarian 5.45 Kit that I bought a while back, with almost stone tools.

The receiver rivet holes and selector slot have been carefully located, hand-drilled, and dremeled. Next comes the heat-treating, and finishing my rivet squeezer.

It's my first kit after two Saiga conversions. I'm glad I bought it and all the parts a year ago!

I shoot til I hit what I'm aiming at, just like always.big_smile.gif

Same here. It's just that I'm such a good shot that it only takes one. Targets get a bit expensive though, because 12 gauge 00 annihilates them at 10 feet.

• Like 1

Have a MP 15-22 and a 22-45 Ruger MK3. Before the panic I bought a pile of .22 ammo.

I live in the country and by myself so I shoot indoors at 30 feet sometimes with the MK 3.

I get about 30 ft. Smells like sulfer for a day or two.. not a big deal.. better than laying around

watching TV.