Ak-12 style dust cover for saigas

In the pics ive seen of the ak-12, it seems they have a leaf sight all the way back on the dust cover. If someone made something like that to fit and function well on our saigas i think it would be so friggin awesome ...anyone know of anyone who currently makes something like that (not a peep). Hell if people are interested enough maybe we could convince TWS to make a rail w the leaf sight at the back! Just thinking out loud, if you will. I look forward to the input.

There are a number of Vendors here who install HK sights with the rear sight mounted near the rear of the dustcover. I believe Tony Rumore at Tromix was the first.

AK leaf sights just aren't that awesome. I'm surprised the Russians haven't gone to a Galil type rear sight, or a Krebs type ghost ring for the rear sight leaf. It's a lot more useful.

Mike

Ive seen the hk sights but they look like they take up a bit of room on the back end (correct me if im wrong) making using a scope mount impossible and also making it impossible to use a beryl style mount. Hell, if i could get a rear peep or regular style w the typical kind of range/elevation slider mounted either directly on the cover leaving room for a scope mount just forward of it to clear... id be ticked. Or a beryl style that does the same would be ok too lol...

Just thinkin out loud ya know?

Edited by LuPiN8oR

Ugh. I know about krebs rail too but does it have an elevation/range adjustable rear sight? Thats kinda the specific bit i stated lol

Not some rear peep with only one range setting so we are clear here otherwise it would be a non issue and non thread.

And no, not the tech sights either, while im at it. Id like to see the kind of setup the ak-12 has but modded for our saigas. Is anyone else pickin up what im tryin to lay down?

Edited by LuPiN8oR

I agree. I hate peep sights. I like to cradle my front sight securely within an adjustable rear notch. I don't much care for HK sights because they stick up so far. Just give me a standard AK leaf or even better, a windage adjustable RPK sight, and I'll be happy.

I love the sights on my Vepr rifles. Ive used all kinds of sights over the years, and in the end, I prefer the AK sights. Im really hoping to see some civilian variant AK-12's come in. I wanna see first hand what kind of sight improvements may have been made, other than the longer sight radius.