No worries.....

The Bastard or the AR Adapter? There are only a handful of people who have a prior generation of the BASTARD and they are signed into an agreement with me about talking or discussing development. That and I know where they live.... big_smile.gif j/k

I wasn't badmouthing any revision of your product, just giving examples of what I've read. They were mostly user errors, I'm sure--but a few had to do with the first run of your original adapters (which is expected to happen). I hope you didn't take offense by that,

Also just wanted to say I'm digging the BASTARD in those pics above. Especially liking the AR grip adapter. I've always wanted that.

I wasn't badmouthing any revision of your product, just giving examples of what I've read. They were mostly user errors, I'm sure--but a few had to do with the first run of your original adapters (which is expected to happen). I hope you didn't take offense by that,

Also just wanted to say I'm digging the BASTARD in those pics above. Especially liking the AR grip adapter. I've always wanted that.

I didn't take offense at all.....big_smile.gif

But to comment on first generations..... As a rule of thumb I don't buy first run of anything myself but you gotta start somewhere. But as always feedback helps refine the product further, which I am always open to. All the data I collect goes into our next phase of building a complete US designed and built AK/AR hybrid receiver for the DIYer gunsmith.

PS: The above rifle is a damn blast to shoot. You can easily get 4-5 points of contact up close to your body for fire control and accuracy.

• Like 1
Sadly, a dollar ain't worth a dollar in this economy....

I agree. More than anything else, I was just bumpstarting the thread. Looks like it may have worked.

Not that I'm that old, but I remember when $20 bucks was gas, beer and a pack of smokes.... for the weekend. And I still had .99 cents to rent a movie on Sunday night. grimace.gif

I agree. More than anything else, I was just bumpstarting the thread. Looks like it may have worked.

Not that I'm that old, but I remember when $20 bucks was gas, beer and a pack of smokes.... for the weekend. And I still had .99 cents to rent a movie on Sunday night. grimace.gif

Yeah, the worst thing is giving 200 bucks for a 20 dollar hooker. You definitely don't seem to get your money's worth there. Not that I would do such, of course.

You have some interesting and innovative designs. Right now, all I'm building is my AKAs but if I ever do another normal build then I would consider this. I'm assuming that it would also fit a Saiga 6.5 Grendel if they ever bring one out.

This part is made of aluminum, correct? If so, I don't think it would be strong enough to hog out enough room for my cross bolt safety (that sits behind the trigger guard) although it might be possible.

Yeah, the worst thing is giving 200 bucks for a 20 dollar hooker. You definitely don't seem to get your money's worth there. Not that I would do such, of course.

You have some interesting and innovative designs. Right now, all I'm building is my AKAs but if I ever do another normal build then I would consider this. I'm assuming that it would also fit a Saiga 6.5 Grendel if they ever bring one out.

This part is made of aluminum, correct? If so, I don't think it would be strong enough to hog out enough room for my cross bolt safety (that sits behind the trigger guard) although it might be possible.

IF we ever went back to the Gold/Dollar standard this could be fixed..... the Oil/Dollar standard is biting us in the ass.

About the 6.5 Grendel.... I thought there was one who had Krebs build him two 6.5s. Personally I'd like to build a couple of 300 Blackouts and test them.

This is T6061 then Mil-Spec Type 3 anodized, it pretty damn tough. The complete receiver version will be steel... but we will put a TAKD twist to save weight.

The grip really sets off nicely that rifle with the adapter installed. Just wandered in on this thread/topic, but product looks interesting to me, unfamiliar with it, does it require trunion machining?

For and AR mag to fit in to an AK the trunnion does need to be opened up. This version only requires it to be opened up to .90"in width and .89" in depth. Which is less than that of our swappable AR adapter.

There was talk about Wolf pressuring Saiga/Vepr to bring out a Grendel to go with Wolf's new steel cased ammo last year. What with all the problems at the factory I'm sure the possible project has been shelved. At least for now.

Guess I'm gonna have to build an AR.

BTW, the complete receiver sounds interesting.

I am looking to consolidate magazines from my AR to AK since I have had problems with getting the Circle 10 mags to run problem free. I am positive I will get a mag conversion, just trying to figure out which one. Probably whichever one offers the least hassle to get and install combined with price and reviews.

I am looking to consolidate magazines from my AR to AK since I have had problems with getting the Circle 10 mags to run problem free. I am positive I will get a mag conversion, just trying to figure out which one. Probably whichever one offers the least hassle to get and install combined with price and reviews.

What kind of issues? IF you are having issues with getting Bulgy Circle 10s running, I'd figure that out first. Nothing is guaranteed to solve your problem just by switching to an AR adapter (Any make) if there is a possible issue with the rifle. Cobra76 is in your neck of the woods and he also has tons of experience with both Bulgy mags and the AR adapters. That would be a really good starting point for you.

• Like 1
What kind of issues? IF you are having issues with getting Bulgy Circle 10s running, I'd figure that out first. Nothing is guaranteed to solve your problem just by switching to an AR adapter (Any make) if there is a possible issue with the rifle.

Ditto. There might be something wrong with your bolt/mag-latch/any number of things.

What kind of rifle is it (country of origin, model, etc.)?

I knew I would get that response about getting the Circle 10"s runnning. I just got tired of all my shit having file marks on them. The premium for those mags and labor involved when a promag runs flawless was irritating me. I have a AR and happen to have a bunch of mags for it and I don't have to file the pmags to make them work. I have 2 bulgarian mags that work flawless and 3 that don't. It is a converted saiga that runs perfect when it has a good fitted mag in it. I just want to use my pmags since I have more of them and I'm tired of filing on everything. I just want it to work and not have to fuss with it.

I knew I would get that response about getting the Circle 10"s runnning. I just got tired of all my shit having file marks on them. The premium for those mags and labor involved when a promag runs flawless was irritating me. I have a AR and happen to have a bunch of mags for it and I don't have to file the pmags to make them work. I have 2 bulgarian mags that work flawless and 3 that don't. It is a converted saiga that runs perfect when it has a good fitted mag in it. I just want to use my pmags since I have more of them and I'm tired of filing on everything. I just want it to work and not have to fuss with it.

If that's the case if you open up the magwell to accept AR mags (have to with all AKs) and bolt this up you should be good to go. I'd still look Cobra up and get him to install it.... he'd be able to get you're rifle singing like a sewing machine.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I saw on your site these were not available right now. I was looking for one to put on a saiga 223. Do you have a timeline on your next batch or are you guys thinking about complete recievers in the near future? Either way I'm stoked!!!

I saw on your site these were not available right now. I was looking for one to put on a saiga 223. Do you have a timeline on your next batch or are you guys thinking about complete recievers in the near future? Either way I'm stoked!!!

The AR version is out of stock and I have just a few AK grip versions left.

Right now we are redesigning the AR adapter and completing a receiver kit for the DIY'er AK builder. Soon we will introduce a complete rifle under our new parent company.

• Like 1

Right now we are redesigning the AR adapter and completing a receiver kit for the DIY'er AK builder. Soon we will introduce a complete rifle under our new parent company.

Right now I am in the process of finishing up my install of the bastard.

Then you have to go and make some 300 BO barrels, I want one of them to go with an ak 74 kit, now your coming out with a receiver kit?

whats the ETA of the receiver and do you need any testers? lol

It's a game changer, I love my adapter with the LRBHO.

since I have the AR Bastard may I ask what exactly is being redesigned?

any timeline on the complete rife? I would kill for a flatop AK that takes pmags and AR grips, LRBHO, saftey, and mag releases!!! It would be really cool to see something like the Titan Quad Rail system from Chaos or maybe a collaboration...

Come on now.... you know I can't tell everyone what we do. It's bad enough when I get ahead of myself and release things and everyone is busting my balls because I'm always behind schedule.

any timeline on the complete rife? I would kill for a flatop AK that takes pmags and AR grips, LRBHO, saftey, and mag releases!!! It would be really cool to see something like the Titan Quad Rail system from Chaos or maybe a collaboration...

My answer is Christmas..... Could be this year or Christmas in July of next. Then again.... could be the following. It will be unlike anything currently on the market.... a little of everything on the market. An ABOMINATION (hint hint) to the purist out there...