• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't tell....

I like long stick mags hanging under AK's, it's always been that way. That said, I have the MD and Promag drums and definitely prefer the Promag. Never had a single issue with it since day one, beside

If you think stick mags are "way too big", your going to crap your pants when you see how big and heavy a drum is! LOL. I'll buy it off you for $110 shipped.

Posted Images

Do the ProMags have steel reinforcement in the feed tower like MD-20's?

For the record, I am simply blown away by the product quality and customer protection from MD Arms. First-rate! I am a devoted customer. While relatively heavy and bulky, the MD-20 is the most reliable and robust US-made magazine available, hands down. I can't wait for the double stacks! A 13 round, the length of an 8 or a 16 round the length of a 10 would be amazing!

i just orderd an MD arms as well will be here tomorrow ive held a saiga with the 20 round drum it was 136 shiped. and really no place to put your off hand.

i like the box mags because i hang on to them while firing. as you can see in my 13 round ammo dump it just feels nice to me and i also hold my AR-10 like this as well and pretty much anything else with a box mag on it. the drum on the other hand doesnt give you much to hang on to.

http://youtu.be/kxsPrgPj1e4

Think the box mags are to long? how bout a 23 round magazine for your S-12!!

0307131537_zpsa2ef515d.jpg?t=1366787821

Just kidding had a Surefire 13 round in the gun and a surefire 10 round under it smile.png

Edited by shifty_85
I couldn't tell....

eh just pokein some fun at ya!

my MD arms drum will be here by end of day! went out around 8:30AM

I know, just givin ya a little shit! You'll love that MD drum, they're a little bulky and big but the awesomeness of having 20 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot makes up for it. Every time I pull it out at the range guys 3 lanes down on both sides just sit and watch me unload that thing lol.

I couldn't tell....

eh just pokein some fun at ya!

my MD arms drum will be here by end of day! went out around 8:30AM

I know, just givin ya a little shit! You'll love that MD drum, they're a little bulky and big but the awesomeness of having 20 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot makes up for it. Every time I pull it out at the range guys 3 lanes down on both sides just sit and watch me unload that thing lol.

yes im sure 180 .31 cal balls have that effect haha. im sure ill get lots of looks as well doing drum dumps with that monster brake! will be awesome for 3 gun comp.

Would it be woth it to pick up at least one 20 round drum by Promag if they are available for about $86? Would the 12 round drum be better? I can understand cutting down on bulk, and it would be a little bit cheaper at $63. Has anyone seen any better pricing on the 12 round drum?

Where did you find a drum for $63???

I wish we had 3 gun in my area, I haven't found much.

http://www.mn3gungroup.org/

http://www.mnuspsa.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

30 seconds on google got me those. dont know if they are close to you or not. i drive 70 miles one way to my 3 gun's some guys drive over 4 hours!!!

I feel like an idiot lol that range is literally 5 minutes from my house. I asked guys around the indoor range if they knew about 3 gun and nobody knew if there were any matches in the area. Bad thing about that Minnetonka G&F is the waiting list is 2 years to become a member and still have a year to wait..

Would it be woth it to pick up at least one 20 round drum by Promag if they are available for about $86? Would the 12 round drum be better? I can understand cutting down on bulk, and it would be a little bit cheaper at $63. Has anyone seen any better pricing on the 12 round drum?

Where did you find a drum for $63???

Webyshops.com has the drums I was talking about. I went ahead and picked up one of the 12 round drums to give a try. $63 seems like to much of a good deal to pass up, and they had free shipping.

http://www.riflescopes.webyshops.com/s.nl/sc.39/category./.f?search=promag+saiga+12+gauge+12?partner=Jdoyle

we'll see how it goes big_smile.gif

here is mine all converted and with the fitted MD arms drum

[img=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/shifty_85/Mobile%20Uploads/0425131331_zpsf108418b.jpg]

Nice, I really think for the guy who doesn't need rails and do-dads on his gun the factory handguard is plenty nice, I almost kept mine on but got a Kvar. I've gotta say though, I think that's the first S12 I've seen with an actual scope on it. Are you only shooting slugs? I just have a tiny little Trijicon RMR on mine

Nice, I really think for the guy who doesn't need rails and do-dads on his gun the factory handguard is plenty nice, I almost kept mine on but got a Kvar. I've gotta say though, I think that's the first S12 I've seen with an actual scope on it. Are you only shooting slugs? I just have a tiny little Trijicon RMR on mine

Slugs and shot its a UTG 1-4X red and green and its etched glass so even if the batt dies i still have the sight picture. its a circle with a dot so the dot is were slugs go and the circle is aprox shot pattern at least thats how i use it *UTG 1-4X24 4.5" long eye relief accushot CQB tactical. Eteched glass red and green light and it has a prizm lock so it will never move they shot this on a full auto S-12 and it never lost is 0* SCP3-1424CDQ

DSCN0641_zps77527d74.jpg

DSCN0642_zpse78ed52c.jpg

as for the hand gaurds i am always hanging on to the stick mag but i do kind of like these.

IMG_7784.jpg

Wish there was no rail on them thoe.

Also dont mind this one.

kvar_s12_handguard.jpg

i too am a no rail's kind of guy. i really wanted wood stock and hand gaurds but way too much money for me.

Edited by shifty_85

I have that Kvar on my S12 and love it. I had the Chaos Titan for one day and sold it ASAP.

I also have a scope like that but its only a 1X but it'd be great for Turkey hunting. Etched reticle and on/off adjustable illumination but o still like the Trijicon for my S12.post-46357-0-59030500-1367006871.gif

Slugs and shot its a UTG 1-4X red and green and its etched glass so even if the batt dies i still have the sight picture. its a circle with a dot so the dot is were slugs go and the circle is aprox shot pattern at least thats how i use it *UTG 1-4X24 4.5" long eye relief accushot CQB tactical. Eteched glass red and green light and it has a prizm lock so it will never move they shot this on a full auto S-12 and it never lost is 0* SCP3-1424CDQ

i too am a no rail's kind of guy. i really wanted wood stock and hand gaurds but way too much money for me.

Skepticism engaged. People with the coin and licensing to be NFA manufacturer or vendors are putting UTG scopes on their shotguns?!

That rapidfire tube looks decent, although I have never really cared for the feel of a tube.

dubya- you do know you can sand or mill the base of the factory handguard flat and then simply bolt a rail to it right? It is not hard and is very strong and comortable. 1' blanks of aluminum rail are about $11 if you hunt around.

Skepticism engaged. People with the coin and licensing to be NFA manufacturer or vendors are putting UTG scopes on their shotguns?!

That rapidfire tube looks decent, although I have never really cared for the feel of a tube.

dubya- you do know you can sand or mill the base of the factory handguard flat and then simply bolt a rail to it right? It is not hard and is very strong and comortable. 1' blanks of aluminum rail are about $11 if you hunt around.

Yessir. I actually already installed a bottom 3" rail on my factory S12 handguard for a flashlight or vertical grip but after I bought my Kvar I took another rail and shortened it along with adding another screw slot on the rail and it fits flush with the gas block and I mounted a cheap light on very solidly for night time HD.

think someone else posted a link in this thread to a pro mag drum for 99 dollars or somthing.

i really love the MD arms a little bit of time with a file and i have a positive lock into the gun. have done 3 20 round mag dumps with it works like a charm it will be going with me into 3 gun may 18th!

I really want to pick up a drum (20rd) and only one I can find is a ProMag 20. I have some 10 & 12 rd SGM sticks but they're way too big. Are the ProMags any good? They're $125.

Be careful with the shell length on a drum. If the unfired shell is of the 2 1/2" dimension it will not fit the drum. I have found the 2 1/4" will fit the ProMag drums. There is a chart in the Tech section that lists some of the shells that will fit/not fit. After shooting for over 50 years, I was surprised to learn that 2 3/4" is the size of the shell AFTER it has been fired. Some shotgun shells have star closures and others a roll closure. I have a lot of Royal Buck Shot at 2/12" that I can only use in a stick mag that I purchased thinking I could load it into a drum.

Neverhome