magazine Extension Spring

They say that the newer 7 coil springs don't work but the older 10 coil springs do. i had the 10 coil springs in mine and they didn't work very well. they are selling 10 coil springs as a replacement, i wonder if they are the pretty much the same as the factory 10 coil springs that didn't work in mine or if they are longer or have a higher rate? i already bought FB springs for mine so i don't need to worry but i just wondering.

They say that the newer 7 coil springs don't work but the older 10 coil springs do. i had the 10 coil springs in mine and they didn't work very well. they are selling 10 coil springs as a replacement, i wonder if they are the pretty much the same as the factory 10 coil springs that didn't work in mine or if they are longer or have a higher rate? i already bought FB springs for mine so i don't need to worry but i just wondering.

Our springs were designed for use with our extensions. I can't promise you'll get 10 rounds out of a Salem6 extension using them, you may only be able to get 9, perhaps only 8.

Our springs were designed for use with our extensions. I can't promise you'll get 10 rounds out of a Salem6 extension using them, you may only be able to get 9, perhaps only 8.

yes that is correct, i could only fit 9. i ended up cutting 4 coils off of the FB springs making them 17 coil springs i believe. i am now able to fit 10 and load with a closed bolt. i went and shot it yesterday and it ran great! first time the gun has ran flawless.

Edited by Haycock

Ordered Wednesday, received it today (Friday) from Salem 6.

Latest generation MKA 5 round donor mag And spring. Definitely not enough tension for the stock spring to work with the extension.

Salem 6 spring on the bottom, definitely a big improvement and only $7.99

image.jpg

• Like 1