Capt. Peter Linnerooth was an Army psychologist http://news.yahoo.com/vet-saved-many-iraq-couldnt-escape-demons-190136480.html

He had a knack for soothing soldiers who'd just seen their buddies killed by bombs. He knew how to comfort medics sickened by the smell of blood

I worry every day for my son, he is a combat medic with 16 years of service, but is also troubled. Please pray for all who has served our nation.

• Like 2

Thank you for the great sacrifice that your family has given to this nation. I hope that there is something in place to help your son in his troubled time of need like the many that he has surely helped.

Thank you for the great sacrifice that your family has given to this nation. I hope that there is something in place to help your son in his troubled time of need like the many that he has surely helped.

Thanks Big John....he is getting help from the Army, but they are also medically retiring him.....I just worry about him every day, he's the only son I have.

My cousin Steve is a retired Navy helo medic and saw a lot of service in Vietnam. He never speaks of his experiences but he is a happy fellow with a big Harley. I hope your son can forget the bad and remember the good. The thanks of a grateful citizen to your son and your family.

Thanks Big John....he is getting help from the Army, but they are also medically retiring him.....I just worry about him every day, he's the only son I have.

Hopefully they will get him home to you soon so that you can help him with his recovery. Being back with family along with whatever the military is doing for him will hopefully do the trick. I'm truly sorry that your family is in this position. I would think it's a helpless feeling to have your flesh and blood suffering and nothing you can do to help till he gets home. While we don't know each other personally and are many miles apart, I can feel the pain in your words.

Two of my sons are not of age and my oldest tried to get in but a bad knee kept him out. While reading this thread, I look at them and can't imagine what you are going through. Hang in there brother. Your son will need you to be strong for him. I look forward to hearing that you have him home, so keep us updated please.

Thank you again for your WHOLE FAMILY'S SERVICE. This type of thing is not just about your son as you and whatever other family members that support him have served with him for 16 years. God Speed!

The where's and why's don't belong in this thread, but I hate hearing this kind of shit.

If he's still having troubles, tell him to get right with the Lord. I have had the Lord make the most impossible situations in my life into smooth sailing, but I had to be willing to put my faith and trust in him first. There is nothing that the Lord cannot do!

• Like 2
Another reason for a non-interventionist foreign policy.

I personally know of a veteran who has tried to end his life 3 times in the last month.

I have changed to feel this way also.

Wars if fought need to be for our safety and must be clearly won or not fought at all.

The cost of war is not lost in land or equipment it is measured in the very soul of the man who fights it.

God Bless Them All !

Many thanks to all of you, I've known the brotherhood here for a long time. I really didn't intend for this to be about me, and though my son has been home for some time now, scheduled for separation this month actually, in some ways he will never really be home. There are injuries suffered in war that never heal for some of us. Aside from spinal issues that will probably always plauge him, damaged hips, the loss of hearing and memory, I fear mostly for those things that we cannot see, and they will not discuss. I come from a VERY LONG line of patriots and we have always known the price of freedom, but it doesn't get any easier.

The OP is about a man who gave everything in him to help soldiers like my son, but saddly he could not help himself and paid the ultimate price, "Did you know him"?