Vepr mags in a Legion 433?

Do it!

The bottom one started life as a 433. Then Leland at Seirra Ordnance Company worked his magic.

Do it!

The bottom one started life as a 433. Then Leland at Seirra Ordnance Company worked his magic.

post-14994-0-68115300-1363481728_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I would consider the Iz-412 due to the gas regulator setup. It'll give you more aftermarket options. My question is are you finding any available magwell magazines? If not consider waiting a few more months. Legion has already reduced their prices on these last few weeks. They are still overpriced and hopefully soon they'll be back to pre-panic prices. Maybe by then you can find some magazines as well.

edited: After I wrote this I realized you are going with aftermarket vepr mags.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Ideally, I'd like to wait until VEPRs start showing up again so I can grab one. Who knows if they'll ever get back down to the $1000 price tag though. Just so much uncertainty with everything right now and I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a saiga for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Legion has Vepr 8 rnd'ers and factory non magwell 8 rnd'ers. Also if you move the trigger group on your 433 you will have to modify the Vepr Mag to fit. Something about the top notch not interfacing well with the magwell lever

I have not experienced this on mine. I don't think it is a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually I have it on good intel that the Vepr 12 mags don't work on the Saiga 433 unless you do some slight modification to the rear tab and inside the body near the follower. Basically it has to clear the magazine latch and the LRBHO lever

All i can tell you is that both of my magwell Saigas required zero modifications to run the Molot mags, or Izzy mags, or SGM Tactical Vepr mags. All mags work in both brand of guns without any modifications to either the guns or the mags.

My VEPR mag wouldn't lock all the way. The Magazine would fall out after the first shot. Unable to modify it to work $40 experiment.

Just got mine on the 16th for $899

Edited by Dadio42
My VEPR mag wouldn't lock all the way. The Magazine would fall out after the first shot. Unable to modify it to work $40 experiment.

You shouldn't have tried to modify it. Before you changed anything did you slap the mag in hard? I ask because these mags are known to have a break in period. Treat'em rough or send them into SGM for a replacement. Modifying it voids the warranty.

You shouldn't have tried to modify it. Before you changed anything did you slap the mag in hard? I ask because these mags are known to have a break in period. Treat'em rough or send them into SGM for a replacement. Modifying it voids the warranty.

If I hit them any harder It would be bleeding. I could manually hold the mag and it worked fine but the plastic magwell has me worried about being to rough though. And I know the warranty would be voided after my alteration but the magazines are so hard to fine I thought I would try it. Lesson learned.

After adding a JTE extended mag latch to all my guns, my mag latch length is standardized. Some fitting was required, mostly on the Molot mags, but now all mags fit exactly the same across all platforms.

post-14994-0-96061700-1366649520_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Do it!

Which Saiga shoots better?

The one with the adjustable gas or non adjustable ( 030 )

Edited by red_cedar

red_cedar,

Right now, the 040 runs better with low brass because it has more dwell time. The 030 is cut down and the 10 slot FH is pinned. I need to make time to do a little friction reduction work on the 030 and it should run low brass without issue.