Friday I took the rifle out to my range. I had some Hornady 168 gr A-max, Remington 150 gr Core-Lokt, and Winchester 180 gr Super X.

I actually had a hell of a time with the Remington, the Hornady was the only one of Match quality.

I was actually amazed that the Winchester being the heavier round grouped better than the Remington. each target has 20 rounds in it. its easier to count on the Remington paper than the other two. also to note, with Remington and Winchester the recoil was considerably more and took more time to get the rifle back on target. in doing so accuracy may have been compromised by the scope (Phantom Menace), I noticed every time I readjusted my cheek weld the cross hairs would move in relation to the target. the rifle was in a rifle rest although I wish I had some weight applied to it to maintain its position better. the outer most ring of the target is 4.71" (120 mm. )

Remington3-15-13.jpgWinchester3-15-13.jpg

Considering how wild both of these rounds were I can't fathom anyone actually wanting to hunt with them.

Hornady3-15-13.jpg

since the Hornady was not kicking nearly like the others I found I was shooting at a much faster rate, so much so that I was having a mirage effect seen in my scope, it was only 62°F and I was actually enjoying shooting this rifle at this point.

Edited by Dracozny