S12 Skeet Shooting

Are you running chokes? I'm probably going to bring mine trap shooting too eventually. I'd actually like to get 2 S12's, one for SD/HD and one that's nice and light (for a Saiga) I can hunt and shoot trap with. Might not be as good of a hunter as a Benelli SBE but it's half the price after a conversion and a hell of a lot funner!

I don't use a choke or even bother raising the weapon to my line of sight. I just look at the bird and pull as soon as my eyes track it. I have only tried it with 18 1/8" barrel and 24" barrel. I did much better with the 18".

I've shot skeet with my modified one, no choke and I do decent with it once I settle down behind the trigger.

The stock 22" barrel with rifle sights and a fixed full choke? Not really all that good with it

Skeet with the s12 is fun...I like the five stand better....."Rabbits" are my favorite on the 5 stand....the most absolute fun with a S12 is a flurry shoot...If you can find somewhere that will let you use a S12. I highly recommend it....nothing like five guys standing on line and 125 birds being put in the air in 5 mins....027.gif

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 1

That flurry shoot sounds like something I did way back when with street sweepers. 3 shooters, 1gun full, 1 gun at 1/2, and one gun empty. You try to keep two shooters going while one reloads. After doing that, I wanted my own street sweeper, but they got banned before I could get one!

That flurry shoot sounds like something I did way back when with street sweepers. 3 shooters, 1gun full, 1 gun at 1/2, and one gun empty. You try to keep two shooters going while one reloads. After doing that, I wanted my own street sweeper, but they got banned before I could get one!

Sorta...we get a team of five guys on the line all locked and loaded......everybody reloads their own gun....someone not on the line counts which birds hit the ground......group with the lowest score wins...I usually take 4 12rd mags with me to the line...usually use 2 to 2 1/2.

Here is a video of 3 man 30 bird shoot...add two more guys and multiply the birds by 5 you get the idea....

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 1

I brought mine to the trap and skeet club for a work "employee appreciation" party and was murdering the clays with it. The range master was surprised i was even hitting the clays because of the "rifle sights". I told him a good enough shooter doesnt even need the sights. I run a 6" barrel extension that uses rem chokes. I cant wait for turkey season in a few weeks! Look for the pics when I get back from the hunt!bad_smile.gif