Chaos or Kvar??

I'm having a hard time deciding which handguard to buy. I like the simple look, lightweight and price of the Kvar and I could buy a rail to replace the rear sight so I could still mount a red dot and save $200. But the Chaos Titan is bad azz and I have the mini Chaos on my 762 and love it but it's not even half the size of the Titan and is already a bit hefty, not too bad but noticeable. That has me worried because I want to actually use my S12 to shoot clay, Turkey hunt, HD and probably even pheasant hunt a little and fear the Titan might just be way too much weight to swing around. Even for HD It'd be clumsy I would think. I don't like the smaller Chaos extended either.

I guess I'm looking for some opinions of people that actually own(rd) a Titan and what you think about it's weight. I already know Cameron puts out a good product so I'm not too worried about that. $250-$350 is a lot of money to spend on something only to find out I don't like it. I want to want it so convince me it's the cats meow.

Dubs

I'm having a hard time deciding which handguard to buy. I like the simple look, lightweight and price of the Kvar and I could buy a rail to replace the rear sight so I could still mount a red dot and save $200. But the Chaos Titan is bad azz and I have the mini Chaos on my 762 and love it but it's not even half the size of the Titan and is already a bit hefty, not too bad but noticeable. That has me worried because I want to actually use my S12 to shoot clay, Turkey hunt, HD and probably even pheasant hunt a little and fear the Titan might just be way too much weight to swing around. Even for HD It'd be clumsy I would think. I don't like the smaller Chaos extended either.

I guess I'm looking for some opinions of people that actually own(rd) a Titan and what you think about it's weight. I already know Cameron puts out a good product so I'm not too worried about that. $250-$350 is a lot of money to spend on something only to find out I don't like it. I want to want it so convince me it's the cats meow.

Dubs

I had the same issue awhile back. So, I purchased both and the winner was Chaos. It not only looks bad ass (not that I care about looks) It was light as hell and did not impede on my gas tube. Along with the HK sights, I believe, if in the market, Chaos all the way

Dubs

I had the same issue awhile back. So, I purchased both and the winner was Chaos. It not only looks bad ass (not that I care about looks) It was light as hell and did not impede on my gas tube. Along with the HK sights, I believe, if in the market, Chaos all the way

You serious that the Chaos Titan is light as hell? I haven't held one but if it's like my 762 Chaos it'll be a little hefty.

Dubs

You serious that the Chaos Titan is light as hell? I haven't held one but if it's like my 762 Chaos it'll be a little hefty.

Once I took all the "tacticool" shit off, and decided to go a different route with one of my S12's, I had purchased both the KVAR and Chaos. I had the UTG Quad along with lasers, lights, bells, whistles, bipods and everything you could imagine. (I know, Gay) I compared the two,and the Chaos is definitely lighter than it. Now, This is only my opinion because I am 6'4", 250 lbs. Everything seems light to me. But, my gun took on a whole new feel. Maneuverability was excellent. The only thing I had added though was HK sights and a slim AR angled forearm grip. I have not weighed anything. So, I could be wrong. But to me, It is very light. I will use the KVAR on one of my later builds due to it also being a nice forearm.

Another thing I'm wondering is how exactly the rear hinged cover stays put. It looks like it slips right over the DC button and snaps in? Or are there set screws somewhere? Using set screws will probably change my mind, it would defeat some of the simplicity of the AK platform needing an Allen wrench just to remove the dust cover.

Kvar. Add a small 4" Moe rail on the bottom. And get the rs regulate side mount made for the trijicon. Sorry, no experience with the titan,but it obviously will be heavier than the kvar with a lot of unnecessary rail estate for a shotgun. I like to keep mine simple.

• Like 1
Kvar. Add a small 4" Moe rail on the bottom. And get the rs regulate side mount made for the trijicon. Sorry, no experience with the titan,but it obviously will be heavier than the kvar with a lot of unnecessary rail estate for a shotgun. I like to keep mine simple.

+1 on all points. Wisdom....

OP might even buy a MAGPUL RVG and use that rail section on the bottom. Those grips look like they belong on these weapons.

I've been installing MOE rails on a few handguargs for awhile now, and yes evl, the RVG is the only V grip I'll use. Them 6 position flimsy POS are a joke the RVG is only as long as it has to be and is solid as hell. ..this is the factory S12 handguardpost-46357-0-31661100-1363596526_thumb.jpg

Edited by dubya

I don't know maybe I'll do something like that, honestly I really don't think the factory handguard with a small rail is all that bad. I'll probably still order up a Titan and some other parts since I plan on having more than 1 S12 I'll just have extra parts already when I get it. I'll set up a tacticool S12 and a more lightweight hunting type conversion without all the rails, flashlight, red dot.

I'm also thinking I'm going to cut the barrel to about 16 3/4", re-thread it and weld my muzzle "brake" on. For a nimble HD gun every inch I can shave off counts.