You all rock! :super::super:

I missed this whole discussion due to a gun show and various firearm conversions & assemblies.

+1 on all the bands...Really like SOAD, they strike a nerve. I don't know what happened to Disturbed. I dig their older stuff.

I got a new disc...Misfits meet the Nutley Brass. Dunno who gets the $$$ from it...but it's really twisted!

All old school Misfits tracks redone as lounge music. :eek: No words...just F'd up! I can't get it outta my head now.

Assembled 2 ak's & converted my S-20. The AK's were pre-riveted US receivers & romanian parts kits for $200 each. Had to press the barrel in the trunion :eek: Motha F'er!! After a liter of rum & 8 hours of dickin' around with 'em,they were painted, assembled & test fired. :smoke: Thanks to my buddy Craig's attitude of "Fuck it, it's my gun!!!" & "git 'er done!!!" & 120db tunes blaring we done got 'er did...or something! Also figured out an easy way to get through that damn spot weld. I'm putting up a post on that...

Now my new (as Cobra puts it) FrankenLab is completely trashed! :smoke:

Dude thats cool! I missed most of this too while Me and Igor were down there pounding beers, listening to Slayer, Megadeth, Danzig, and Garage Days Revisited and converting my...er the wife's S-20! :smoke:

Oh boy, wait till you see this one. :wub:

Bought it yesterday!! Cool ass dual disc with video on the other side. The most origional kick ass band since Tool!! Music that makes me want to go way too fast on my bike and break shit with my S-12!!! You've got great taste in tunes Dodge.

Man unless they have another dual disc with video I've had that one for a couple of years or so.

Saw them at Ozzfest and Tool.

B's right they suck live.

+1 all above...I got most on the PC right now plus:

Monster Magnet - KORN - Zombie - MCrue - Samhain - 'fits - Mudvayne - GWAR - Rammstein!

Oh yeah...some Beasties as well... :unsure:

I don't care what the artists political affiliations are...

I don't mix my politics & metal...

or politics & guns...

but guns & metal go hand in hand!!

:super::super::super:

RIP DimebagD

P.S. Cobra - next time you're at the titty bar request Rime of the Ancient Mariner...take the disc just in case. We got a hard rock themed one up here - Teasers - & we requested it for my buddy's bachelor party. That's like a 14 minute lap dance!! :lolol: All the girls were like WTF?, I'm done - then the DJ cut it off. :lolol:

Edited by dinzag
+1 all above...I got most on the PC right now plus:

Monster Magnet - KORN - Zombie - MCrue - Samhain - 'fits - Mudvayne - GWAR - Rammstein!

Oh yeah...some Beasties as well... :unsure:

I don't care what the artists political affiliations are...

I don't mix my politics & metal...

or politics & guns...

but guns & metal go hand in hand!!

:super::super::super:

RIP DimebagD

P.S. Cobra - next time you're at the titty bar request Rime of the Ancient Mariner...take the disc just in case. We got a hard rock themed one up here - Teasers - & we requested it for my buddy's bachelor party. That's like a 14 minute lap dance!! :lolol: All the girls were like WTF?, I'm done - then the DJ cut it off. :lolol:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I met Serj the lead singer of soad before they were famous when they opened for Fear Factory years ago. I was blown away by their show. When Serj came out he was wearing a foil space costume with a swastika on his forehead with a straight up afro I remember going to some head shops around town asking for a soad shirt and getting a what the fuck are you talking about look. Look at them now

Suicidal Rock!!!!!

I would rather feel like shit than be full of shit!!!!

crazy? you wouldn't know what crazy was if charles manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch!!

another suicidal fan!!!!!!!!!!

As a metal head from way back another good band is fu manchu.

slayer is hell's houseband!!!!

living in cleveland i get to go to alot of shows, the odion here in town has alot of metal shows that feature bands who are on the verge of making it big or have made it big and want to get back to their roots.

The last band i saw down there was brutal a mix of slayer and morbid angel. my ears hurt for a week and man was it worth it!!! the band was called viking.

you get a chane pick up some of their stuff, halls of vallaha is classic metal.

:lolol:

Old school metal is where it's at. Slayer definately rules the roost. Motorhead and Sabbath got the ball rolling and all these other bands made it harder and heavier. Diamondhead, Priest, Maiden, Misfits, Metallica, Megadeth, Dio, Flotsam and Jetsum, Pantera, Exodus, Suicidal, Sepultura, Prong, and my best buds from high school are still keeping it hard and heavy in C.O.C. (Corosion of Conformity)Those guys have always been cutting edge and ever since their first album was recorded at my wife's studio here in Raleigh they have continued to come back each time with something heavier and more kickass. They recorded all their albums at JAG Studio and later when Sony signed them and John Custer started writing and producing they had the big bucks to mix down at big name joints like Muscle Shoals and Electric Ladyland. Still they always came back home to JAG to lay down tracks for their songs because they couldn't find that old school thick, heavy analog sound anywhere else. Their style has changed some, as well as a couple of the members, from the hardcore punk back in the day to more melodic crunch but hey have kept it hard metal. They blew Metallica's ass away when they opened for them in the US and Europe. When Jason Newstead left the band they called Mike Dean and asked him to come on board. Thank god he declined lol. Tool is about the best band IMO to come out in a long time, in fact they took the Grammy right out from under C.O.C. a few years ago when they busted onto the scene. I haven't really gotten into SOAD that much. I like their music but that singer hits some fucked up tones lol. Maybe they will grow on me one day. It's like that with some bands till you get used to em. My wife still cringes when I play my newer (Bruce) Iron Maiden stuff. She can't stand his opera like singing but can't deny their music rocks! Once a metalhead always a metal head!

:super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super:

If you don't have any C.O.C. you need to get some. They just released a new CD a couple of months ago and it kicks ass. :devil:

I can't help but smile, and chuckle when all these younger "kids"? talk about Ozzy.......Like he's a new fad, cuz of TV.

I'm glad Ozzy is getting a new generation of followers.....but...

I remember the ol' sabbath days as my mother is a biker chick. I remember grade school with myOZ OZ Ultimate Sin t-shirt.

I used to Play that vinyl all the time. And then...Paranoid by Sabbath was bad ass. I had that shit on Auto Reverse(cassettes..lol)

Just wierd how He has come full circle..... :smoke:

Is this how it is when you start to become "old/er"...

like it's slow..and you don't know you are old?

:angel:

Fuck! I'm 29! Big Fucking Deal!

But having a druggie mom. I grew up fast. My MOM took me to Mettalica And Justice for All Concert when I was 13. :super:

I almost didn't get in! I was 6ft though. LOL

Thanks MOM!

Yeah, well I'm 52 and remember Black Sabbath when they first landed. Jimi Hendrix, Lead Zepplin and Deep Purple too. Clapton was with BlindFaith. King Crimson was brand new. That was in the day of 33 1/3 rpm vinyl and 8 track cassettes.

Metal evolved from these greats. I am not familiar with some of the headbangers of today but I do know Metallica and they have done some bitchin tunes.

I listened to System of a Down yesterday and again today. All I can say is Terra Cotta Pie!! :super::super:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You all rock! :super::super:

I missed this whole discussion due to a gun show and various firearm conversions & assemblies.

+1 on all the bands...Really like SOAD, they strike a nerve. I don't know what happened to Disturbed. I dig their older stuff.

I got a new disc...Misfits meet the Nutley Brass. Dunno who gets the $$$ from it...but it's really twisted!

All old school Misfits tracks redone as lounge music. :eek: No words...just F'd up! I can't get it outta my head now.

Assembled 2 ak's & converted my S-20. The AK's were pre-riveted US receivers & romanian parts kits for $200 each. Had to press the barrel in the trunion :eek: Motha F'er!! After a liter of rum & 8 hours of dickin' around with 'em,they were painted, assembled & test fired. :smoke: Thanks to my buddy Craig's attitude of "Fuck it, it's my gun!!!" & "git 'er done!!!" & 120db tunes blaring we done got 'er did...or something! Also figured out an easy way to get through that damn spot weld. I'm putting up a post on that...

Now my new (as Cobra puts it) FrankenLab is completely trashed! :smoke:

As far as who is getting paid, as much as I dig Glen Danzigs music, the guy is a money grubbing little fucker. The old school misfits are the bread and butter of my music preferences but Danzig has refused to even acknowledge his involvment except in court during bullshit royalties/copyright lawsuits. You can bet your ass he's getting his share out of it. I hate to bash the dude because I respect his music but have you seen this shit!! DANZIG_KO.asx I don't care who it is, that's fuckin' funny!!

As far as who is getting paid, as much as I dig Glen Danzigs music, the guy is a money grubbing little fucker.

That he is! I met John Christ at a custom bike show at Cobo about 10 years ago. He had "Tang" his custom chopper there - real nice dude! We also met the "new" Misfits (american psycho era) at a club called the flying machine (an old VFW hall) in the Cleveland area. We were there for the show and they came out and walked down the line shaking hands & bs-ing with everyone. Only, Doyle, Graves & Chud. There were only 200 people there and after the show they hopped off the stage and mingled in the crowd & gave out all kinds of free stuff for about an hour. All of 'em were pretty level headed guys. :super:

As for Glen, he's not known for his social skills... :lolol::lolol:

i'll be tending bar so mention the word "saiga" and get a free lap dance from one of my ex's with every drink!!

I'm there! :smoke:

Edited by dinzag

Im surprised noone has mentioned Fozzy yet. I was suprised to see they have some track pieces in mp3 on thier website. some of the tunes arent my taste, and the vocals sound like a biker, but if you check the guest musicians on there, I think you might actually want to listen to this shit. Old school metal heads check tracks 1 3 and 9 first.

http://www.fozzyrock.com/atr.htm

the louder the better! it aint no good if you cant blow your system up with it!