Goodbye polymer, hello aluminum! My new MKA/TAC-12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The tale of the Firebird and the logo   The firebird is the phoenix, the bird that rose from its own ashes.   I was once very into dragboat racing and would race at Firebird international raceway

Can I request a lower that has an additional engraving around the safety... that looks like this  

I dont believe you have any idea if firebird would even consider this, before you start speaking to the forum about starting something like this, you should find out if FB would want to do this. I rea

Posted Images

** Sweet **

= With the Tac-12 and its dedicated fixed buttstock, how quickly are you able to separate the top and bottom receiver ??

= I don't see you could easily loosen the connecting screw in the back........??.

= Could you post pictures for the disassembly ?? Thanks...

= Wouldn't it be nice with the retractable magpul ctr buttstock ??

= What is the pricing for the complete TAc-12 ( preinstalled with all the internal Firebirdprecision Tac-12 lower receiver parts ), but without the aluminium fixed buttstock and the Grip ??......Thanks for the infor.

Edited by SHOTGUNWIN

The first production run of TAC-12s is at anodize right now, and will be in hand very shortly. In all probability they will start shipping late next week. This particular receiver is out of the pre-production run. Once we get them in hand they will be available in two configurations, either as a stripped lower for $375, or as a complete gun for $2440. We are about to release a TAC-12 upper, which will be compatible with this lower and our existing components for the MKA, but it will not be compatible with the TAC-12A1 receiver set, that is a whole different animal.

The first production run of TAC-12s is at anodize right now, and will be in hand very shortly. In all probability they will start shipping late next week. This particular receiver is out of the pre-production run. Once we get them in hand they will be available in two configurations, either as a stripped lower for $375, or as a complete gun for $2440. We are about to release a TAC-12 upper, which will be compatible with this lower and our existing components for the MKA, but it will not be compatible with the TAC-12A1 receiver set, that is a whole different animal.

I hope this means Nanci will be calling me soon. I'm very eager to get the new lower, but I'm going to have you guys install your Firebird Fire Control Group and Safety first. If I have to wait a bit longer to get my new lower, I'll wait a bit longer. rolleyes.gif

Anubis.....several of us here on this topic ...really need answers >>

1) ease of disassembling the screw that holds the top/bottom receiver ( photos please )

2) what are the major differences between the two versions of Tac-12 ??

Thanks

Edited by SHOTGUNWIN

Mr. Anubis...

Gosh...No clear photo yet on the Tac-12 showing how the retaining screw and washer residing in the back.....especially the washer ( metal piece ) ( if required with the tac-12 ).

I can only guess that i need to drill a large enough hole on my end-plate to assess the retainining screw......so that i could have a folding stock using the Ace Sig 556 folding stock mechanizm........and NO HASSEL DISASSEMBLY....

Tac-12 is probably shipping next week......and the big hassle lingering in my thought.....should i wait for Tac-12 aI ( new aluminium lower ) ??

Thanks in advance for your Infor.....Mr Anubis......Where are you hiding ???

Edited by SHOTGUNWIN
Mr. Anubis...

Gosh...No clear photo yet on the Tac-12 showing how the retaining screw and washer residing in the back.....especially the washer ( metal piece ) ( if required with the tac-12 ).

I can only guess that i need to drill a large enough hole on my end-plate to assess the retainining screw......so that i could have a folding stock using the Ace Sig 556 folding stock mechanizm........and NO HASSEL DISASSEMBLY....

Tac-12 is probably shipping next week......and the big hassle lingering in my thought.....should i wait for Tac-12 aI ( new aluminium lower ) ??

Thanks in advance for your Infor.....Mr Anubis......Where are you hiding ???

The Firebird TAC-12 Lower is an aluminum upgrade to the polymer lower that comes with the Akdal MKA.

It assembles just as the polymer version would, no drilling of any back plates needed.

When going to the new aluminum lower, is any break in ritual needed?

If it runs with the current polymer lower, can we expect the same with the aluminum lower?

Just waiting for Nanci to call for my credit card number.

Bill

#23 on the list.

=1 on waiting for Nanci to call...

Bill, hopefully the first batch will be 25 units or more!

Mr. Anubis,

Do you sell the little aluminum piece that keeps the shells of the second coupled magazine, from ejecting its rounds?

Thanks,

Z

Yes, we have our shell stops and coupling kits for our magazine extensions in stock.

30 have shipped from anodize...will be here in a few days

I assume the waiting list will be filled in order placed. Right? If so, excellent. (#23 here)

Bill

Some of these are going to be built into complete guns so I'm not sure how far down the waiting list we'll be able to fill. But yes, we will be filling the orders in the same order they were received.