Goodbye polymer, hello aluminum! My new MKA/TAC-12

I wonder where I'm at, I was put on the lower list last spring.

Call in and make sure you're on the list. I called in on Feb 26th to get put on the list and gave my info, called yesterday and i wasn't anywhere on it. I'm now #143, it's okay though, Nanci was easy to work with, and it will give me time to save money and buy other stuff instead.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The tale of the Firebird and the logo   The firebird is the phoenix, the bird that rose from its own ashes.   I was once very into dragboat racing and would race at Firebird international raceway

Can I request a lower that has an additional engraving around the safety... that looks like this  

I dont believe you have any idea if firebird would even consider this, before you start speaking to the forum about starting something like this, you should find out if FB would want to do this. I rea

Posted Images

I'm on the list (just below 100)..F.B makes there money selling complete guns more than lowers.So i imagine it will be closer to the end of the year before i see a receiver...

Receivers 80 to 100-ish will ship roughly mid-May.

I'm on the list (just below 100)..F.B makes there money selling complete guns more than lowers.So i imagine it will be closer to the end of the year before i see a receiver...

I, for one, am glad that Firebird is willing to provide bare receivers. They could just tell us all to fuck off and restrict their sales to complete long guns. It's just the slow trickle of teaser pics and their desire to keep interest alive with useless interim updates that are giving me blue balls. Ship 'em when you ship 'em but stop shakin' that sweet thing in front of my face!

A group buy may be in order

What would that get?

Just curious.

Quantity discount if enough people are interested.

I dont believe you have any idea if firebird would even consider this, before you start speaking to the forum about starting something like this, you should find out if FB would want to do this. I really doubt it, seeing they are working their hardest to meet the current demand.

• Like 2

I too got an e-mail...yea !!

1) Do you still have to buy the stock adapter or is it incorporated into the new lower, if yes, is it (millspec or commercial size) ?

2) Also, do you get the anti-walk pins shown in the picture from Pyro or do you have to buy those also ?

3) I didn't see safe/fire lasered into the lower in the original pics in this post, I assume they are there now in the final piece.

Thanks

Edited by compshootfl
I too got an e-mail...yea !!

1) Do you still have to buy the stock adapter or is it incorporated into the new lower, if yes, is it (millspec or commercial size) ?

2) Also, do you get the anti-walk pins shown in the picture from Pyro or do you have to buy those also ?

3) I didn't see safe/fire lasered into the lower in the original pics in this post, I assume they are there now in the final piece.

Thanks

1) No, you don't need a stock adapter. The TAC-12 receiver accepts commercial spec buffer tubes.

2) Anti-walk pins are included with the TAC-12 receiver. Reason being is that the stock pins work in a plastic receiver just fine since they somewhat press-fit into the receiver, they do not however press-fit into an aluminum receiver.

3) Fire/Safe was not engraved on the receiver, that will probably change shortly.

1) No, you don't need a stock adapter. The TAC-12 receiver accepts commercial spec buffer tubes.

3) Fire/Safe was not engraved on the receiver, that will probably change shortly.

I thought the threads were the same with commercial and mil-spec tubes.

Any changes to the receiver will make my "early production" lower an instant collector's item.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter