It's not the "hoarders" that are causing the problem... it's the "scalpers" who are buying ammo and immediately posting it for sale on Gunbroker (and sites like it) for x2+ markup. These "scalper" scumbags are a sore on our butt and contribute to the slow return of "normal" ammo pricing.

I was at a Walmart not long ago and saw they had 3 (100rd) boxes of .380. My girlfriend asked, "do you need 380?", to which I responded, "no, I'm ok there". Just as I was walking away, some guy ran up and said "I'll take all 3 boxes of that!". So I asked him, "do you shoot much .380?", to which he responded, "I don't even have a .380, but I'm gonna sell this $hIt for way more than that!". I looked at him and muttered "a$$hole", and walked away.

Ammo is not just ammo anymore. It is seen as "profit" by many. There are many a scumbag who are willing to capitalize on this, and as such the prices will NOT go down anytime soon.

When people bitch about the prices all I can think is you should have seen this coming and bought an extra box or two when you happened to be somewhere it was for sale before all this madness. I haven't really had too hard of a time finding guns or ammo the past 4 months. You just need to look around and not give up in 1 day and go to gun broker to pay 3x. Like my buddy who needed a S 7.62 after he seen the one I bought for $300 in January. He went straight to GB and paid $900 for a used stock S7.62!!! I bought a brand new one a couple weeks later from a store down the road from his house for $419..... he was pissed at me when I sent him a pic of the gun and receipt like it was my fault! Still haven't heard from him since then lol.

I may have been lucky on the 762 in January I got for $300 with 500 rounds but everything else has been just calling and stopping by stores while I was running around or on my way home. I actually just got rid 11 boxes of Hornady Superformance 150gr SST 308 rounds for pretty cheap. Wish I had known.