Ahhhhh!!!! The HORROR! horror.gif

I'll give it to him on the bolt cut / bend / weld / and blend... well except for the nasty lookin voids... rolleyes.gif but holy shit man whutup with that scope mount?? How can anyone even get a cheek weld on that crap? Why not spend 40 bucks and just buy a kit? The turned down bolt on handles really don't look all that bad.

post-1293-0-14198400-1363678169_thumb.jpg

i like the part where he says he did a little filing, and it looks like he used a chainsaw to do it.

its ugly, yes. but it is his gun and what hes done looks like it works, more power to him. everyone needs to start somewhere and im sure the next thing he does will be much better due to what he has learned.

i think i understand why he made it so tall, it is probably to accommodate stripper clips. (sorry if he mentions this already in the video i didn't watch the whole thing)

Edited by Salt

I've seen some really horrific hack jobs before, hell I've even done a few myself, but this? This is a cry for help! Obviously this man is delusional because there ain't no amount of grinding, filing, dremeling, duct tape or 80 gallons of bondo that would make that look acceptable. Yeah, it's his rifle and he can do whatever he wants with it, BUT he should have his youtube rights revoked and be sterilized so he can't procreate anymore soft skulls. However, I wonder how well this is going to be received at the Mosin forums? I mean "technically" it hasn't been sporterized, but to take a std 91/30 and perform a hatchet job like that? I'm guessing either interventions and custody battles or an angry mob of Mosin enthusiasts will scour the globe to find this "craftsman", before he destroys anymore rifles, hurts himself or god forbid, anybody else.

Well if you are not much for his gunsmithing then maybe his martial arts will win you over. I have no idea who "Magic Marshal" is by he must be a genus.

P.S. Who buys a bench grinder and just sets it on the floor?

Dude has zero fab skills. As soon as I saw the welding mask I was like oh crap he's gonna run flux and burn through. He saved most of it I guess. I could actually clean up that mess with some more welding and a grinder. NOT a "file". Cool part about this is that he can put his gun on the ground with a bipod and still see outta his scope while sitting on a chair, hahahaha....

Edited by Big John!

Just because you "can" do something does not mean you "should" do something...........besides, a good mosin is fine w/o the scope.....but a good Mosin w/ a real scope set up, well, I may like that.

• Like 2
Just because you "can" do something does not mean you "should" do something...........besides, a good mosin is fine w/o the scope.....but a good Mosin w/ a real scope set up, well, I may like that.

A few years ago a friend of mine had both Mosins. He drooled about puttin' a scope on the longer one. One day, his b'day was coming, and a week before, I asked him if could use it at the range. I took it apart, gave it a real good cleaning and polishing, and bought the kit that requires cutting the bolt knob off and mounting the 90 degree kit bolt handle on. I drilled and tapped the top of the receiver and mounted a picatinny rail , and a real nice older Redfield scope that I had on the top. We went coyote hunting the weekend of his b'day, and he damn near started chockin' up when I handed it to him, along with a custom made adjustable offhand shooting stick I made, and a bottle of his favorite... Gentleman Jack!

• Like 4

A few years ago a friend of mine had both Mosins. He drooled about puttin' a scope on the longer one. One day, his b'day was coming, and a week before, I asked him if could use it at the range. I took it apart, gave it a real good cleaning and polishing, and bought the kit that requires cutting the bolt knob off and mounting the 90 degree kit bolt handle on. I drilled and tapped the top of the receiver and mounted a picatinny rail , and a real nice older Redfield scope that I had on the top. We went coyote hunting the weekend of his b'day, and he damn near started chockin' up when I handed it to him, along with a custom made adjustable offhand shooting stick I made, and a bottle of his favorite... Gentleman Jack!

That's what good friends are for, right there! Good on ya Mate!! I have one old Mosin in particular that is very accurate and we seem to shoot well together....A scope on that rifle would be great, but I am afraid to mess things up.,,,I got good Mojo with it now and don't want to push my luck. Can anything go wrong in this process and does it still maintaian it's original Character? I don't want a goofy Mosin, not that what you described is Goofy, but what can happen if "I" fuck with it.

• Like 1

I wished I took pictures of it. I looked really good. The hardest part was centering the rail over the receiver before I punched/drilled/tapped. I'm a bit OCD, and it that time, Mosins could still be had for $60.00 at the local sporting goods stores, so I was prepared for a backup, if I jagged his up. Man, pricewise and availability ... Those were the days, eh?

I wished I took pictures of it. I looked really good. The hardest part was centering the rail over the receiver before I punched/drilled/tapped. I'm a bit OCD, and it that time, Mosins could still be had for $60.00 at the local sporting goods stores, so I was prepared for a backup, if I jagged his up. Man, pricewise and availability ... Those were the days, eh?

Definitely good on ya for the awesome gift to your buddy!

On getting the holes centered, ya have to square off the flat part on the bottom.

• Like 1

hehehe.. My 91/30 was a gift from a friend. A scope would have been cool, but a rifle for Christmas is even better! He approved of my pistol scope mod.

Apparently there is something about large caliber rifles under $100 that bring out the generosity in people. :)

Dude has zero fab skills. As soon as I saw the welding mask I was like oh crap he's gonna run flux and burn through. He saved most of it I guess. I could actually clean up that mess with some more welding and a grinder. NOT a "file". Cool part about this is that he can put his gun on the ground with a bipod and still see outta his scope while sitting on a chair, hahahaha....

I have no idea what you just said there.