Which type of side mount POSP scope fits and is close to calibation fo

I want to find an illumanted side mount POSP style scope that fits a Saiga .308? Which model would be close in calibation to the .308 caliber ammunation? I would like 6-8 power scope for hog control. I bought one for an SVD rifle but it does not have proper clearance for the scope. Any help from the Saiga .308 experts would be greatly appricated!

Ummm...i can tell you what i plan to do with mine but ive yet to try it in real life lol.. when cash is adequate ill be getting a vortex 2.5-10 and mounting it with a utg scope rail. Without extra tall rings a larger scope wont mount on a low pro mount.

Look at the profile pic. Thats the utg rail with a crap scope that takes up about the same space

My Saiga 7.62x51 16.3" bbl. that I am going to keep has a .308 specific chevron-hold-over-ranging Eoteck. I forgot the specific Eoteck model number and the rifle is in the gun safe right now. Am using a mount that attaches to the left receiver side factory mount. Forgot which one also.

The top cover "just" comes off without removing the scope. However....I had to remove the factory provided receiver side scope mount and re-shim it both ways with automotive valve adjustment shim stock...the mount was WAY off both left to right and up and down. No big deal.

Now the Eoteck is exactly centered with the scope also exactly centered. Did have to do it that way, and that is how it ended up doing. The factory mount was WAY WAY off. The barrel was pointing at the sky and the scope looking at the ground. Certainly not enough scope adjustment. HB of CJ

Hey AA, what size/height rings did you use on that MI mount for that scope? Just curious as i was thinkin I'd have to use a mount higher over bore with standard height rings for my intentions.

1-5/8, it came with the scope.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a PO1 on my 308. The pre-sets are for 54r. The ballistics are completely different making the pre-sets useless. I upgraded to a PKS 7. The PKS is better suited for the 308's flat trajectory with smaller elevation adjustments. Either way whatever you mount you will have to learn your holdovers and practice with your elevation knob. The Russians don't make a 308 specific optic.

I didn't like it since I couldn't see the sights. I just feel my rifle is complete with just irons right now. Although I'd like to get some kind of peep sight. I'm thinking about done hk weld on sights. But if I do that I'll be changing the whole build. Right now I'm after the classic wood stock AK look.

I thought about that too but they're too tall. What i want is some blade sights like on the ak-12!*beats drum* make it soooo!!!!

*new dustcover w sights on the back. Clamps down n locks on our reciever..Im about to build that shit myself!!!

• 4 weeks later...