getting beat up

I just ordered a Kick Eez Rocker pad. The sorbothane is supposed to really soak up shock. GunFun turned me on to them. apparently, sorbothane is what was used to pad the Liberty Bell in transport. The pads must be fitted but it's worth a little grinding.

I'll be at the range with the pistols tonight but I'll be back on the S12 tomorrow when my MD20 arrives!

The only other gun I have that does this is my 5# 338 Federal Kimber Montana after 40 rounds.

I just ordered a Kick Eez Rocker pad. The sorbothane is supposed to really soak up shock. GunFun turned me on to them. apparently, sorbothane is what was used to pad the Liberty Bell in transport. The pads must be fitted but it's worth a little grinding.

Freeze them before grinding and re chill frequently! Belt sander is best, but I have gotten good results with a simple angle grinder and quick cut metal abrasive. Satin finish. You can use a flap wheel to rough it up to more of a suede texture if desired.

IMO Kickeez and Limbsaver soak up around the same amount of pain, but one mounts firmly and the other is squishy.

Also Kickeez does not age and become stiff and dry like rubber.

Or just pull your bra strap out of the way... Those strap adjuster clips can be killer under recoil! LOL

I think I cause most of my shoulder damage by slamming the gun to my shoulder while wing / clays shooting. That's why I went with the Kick Eez Rocker pad (well-rounded and tapered edges of squishy sorbothane). I am fitting mine (a medium size - not large) to a CTR on my S12. Haven't received it yet, and I won't hurry on it either. I want it to look professional. I got the 1 1/8" thick pad. Figured I can grind the flat base down if it's too thick.

Gamaliel has them for around $33 shipped. I wanted that specific pad. Otherwise, there are some cheaper on Ebay.

Edited by Nephilim7
  • Like 1

They shouldn't be too hard to fit. Just look at the template on the manufacturer's website and choose one with screw holes about where you want them. Because they are solid, any pad bigger than your final footprint should do.

PS. did you see the guide I made on fitting these?

Or just pull your bra strap out of the way... Those strap adjuster clips can be killer under recoil! LOL

BWAHAHAAHA!!! :)

Best laugh I've had all day.

Seriously though, that doesn't seem bad for 500 rounds!

A wise man once told me "If you show someone your wound you're only looking for sympathy. Save that for your mother."

Pull the gun in tight to your shoulder and it won't do that to you.

A wise man once told me "If you show someone your wound you're only looking for sympathy. Save that for your mother."

+1

Pull the weapon in tight to the shoulder firmly. It will have less of a running start to bruise the tissue. Keeping the buttstock closer to the center of the chest and squaring the shoulders to the target helps as well.

It was up tight, this isn't my first affair with shotgun.

• Like 1

I think I cause most of my shoulder damage by slamming the gun to my shoulder while wing / clays shooting. That's why I went with the Kick Eez Rocker pad (well-rounded and tapered edges of squishy sorbothane). I am fitting mine (a medium size - not large) to a CTR on my S12. Haven't received it yet, and I won't hurry on it either. I want it to look professional. I got the 1 1/8" thick pad. Figured I can grind the flat base down if it's too thick.

Gamaliel has them for around $33 shipped. I wanted that specific pad. Otherwise, there are some cheaper on Ebay.

Cool, that'll be the same setup I'm running. The one thing I was worried about was it looking out of place on the CTR, but if it's not overly thick and ground properly it should look good. If you get yours done anytime soon would you post pics so I (we) can see how it looks?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing just didn't want to give the guy a hard time. My thought was he could pull an un-used maxi-pad out of his purse and tape it to his shoulder before shooting. Just kidding and having a little fun no offense intended!

• Like 2

Yeah I was thinking the same thing just didn't want to give the guy a hard time. My thought was he could pull an un-used maxi-pad out of his purse and tape it to his shoulder before shooting. Just kidding and having a little fun no offense intended!

I'm broke so that's a great idea!!

It was up tight, this isn't my first affair with shotgun.

Hi dubya I shoot old surplus rifles and now semi-automatic shotguns. I personally get tired of the busing and soreness that come with not using a good recoil pad. I don't think that makes us "girly men". Historical note: I believe soldiers in many wars don't use them. That's amazing to me.

Anyway the Sorbothane recoil pad by KICK-EEZ ($40 USD) and the Limbsaver ($40 USD more or less) both look good maybe with modifications/fitting they work. But as I mentioned in another post I use the plain Jane Shooter's Friend recoil pad ($20 USD), photo below at a shooting range on a rifle.

It is terrific in that there's no fitting, it's removable for easy placement on another firearm, it fits almost all rifles & shotguns, it's inexpensive, and most of all it works better than any recoil pad I have used. It truly tames the hardest kickers boxing.gif .

post-45752-0-57691800-1363896069.jpg

post-45752-0-55973200-1363897200.jpg

post-45752-0-25122900-1363898462.jpg