getting beat up

Be a smart man, set up your gun to run it efficiently, and more comfortably, then when you use good technique you will be better than all those guys who are compensating.

When I first got my Saiga12, I would leave the range feeling kind of dizzy and lightheaded. The recoil would make my brain bounce around in my skull or something.

The Saiga12 was my first ever shotgun (first time shooting one, too), and I was using high brass slugs to break her in a little.

I've gotten used to it by now though, and I don't get as beat up as I used to, heh.

let me punch you in the arm 500 times and see what the pic shows lol haha.

Very good analogy. Punch a body part and see what it feels like and if it bruises, then put your fist against the the body part with some pressure and try to punch. Doesn't hurt or do damage.

After you shoot this gun a lot it stops doing that, enjoy.

Very true. I took about 4 months off because of winter and waiting to do the conversion. I had no problem shooting back then, but I got my ass kicked last week! All I shot was birdshot too.