CRAP!!! Need a part.

Hi everyone.

I got board and decided to work on a S308. Project started actually quite a while ago. So I have managed to loose the Safety lever. I would like to get a factory replacement but what other types will work?. Still haven't painted it yet.

So far I am using an ACE modded receiver block with a push button hinge, Tromix stock, Tapco G2 fire control, Tapco saw PG, and a Tapco front hand guard for now. Going to have Dinzag machine the FSB and I have already threaded the muzzle. Oh and I put a DPMS bayonet lug on just for fun.

Any help would be great.

post-12530-0-64267700-1363827231_thumb.jpg

post-12530-0-94496400-1363827240_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How does one "loose" a safety selector? Mine is knotched to also work as a hasty bolt hold stay open...and I almost ruined it in doing sooss. Good luck trying to find a Saiga specific part. But....I love a good plan. I bet most if not some generic AK safety selectors would work as a starting point. Probably a little bit of fitting required. But...that is why they invented Dremal tools and rosebud welding torches? Hee hee. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

These things do happen. I was just teasing you. I once lost my Saiga 7.62x51 assembled bolt head. Seems later I found it by doing the Sherlock Holmes thing....had to backpedal with my brain and re-inact exactly what happend when routine got broken and the part...misplaced.

Don't laugh please. Finally, out of total pissed off ness, I looked at the bolt carrier. There it was. Seems my lady friend saw the bolt head lying out by itself on the table, wanted to fix supper, and just put it back in the bolt carrier....without telling me. I love that lady! HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

• Like 3
have you read the safety mod thred I had to weld some metal on mine to make it work properly with the g2 triger. whatever you get make shure it works 100% of the time.

Deadeye is correct. You could have a little excessive trigger play with the safety engaged or it could fire while on safe.

As far as I know, any other Saiga safety will work and eliminate the problem. My factory 308 worked with just a little play but I'll probably stick one of my spare 7.62x39 safety levers on it when I put back together after painting it.

I'll end up with a few of these (7.62x39) levers since I don't use them on my AKAs.

I ran into this problem on my last S308 conversion I did for a friend. I think I might have taken my safety out of the box to weld it at work. This was months ago and where it went who knows. To meny gun projects so little time.

Most any countries safety levers will work. Ive bought one from Greg at CSS, probably romanian or bulgarian. Works perfect. No welding necessary to fix safety issue. The only difference is the detent is at a different location. Not a problem but it will create a second safety scratch on the receiver.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent out the FSB to Dinzag and then once I get it instaled and coat the reciever It will be done. I did take it out for a test fire and it ran great. That GGG ammo is clean stuff. I think I may remove the hinge and make it a solid stock, and I may put wood on the front.

post-12530-0-16948500-1364855388_thumb.jpg

Edited by ripper1
  • 4 weeks later...
have you read the safety mod thred I had to weld some metal on mine to make it work properly with the g2 triger. whatever you get make shure it works 100% of the time.
Added 2mm Of Tig To My Safety ABC It Worked Like A Charm!
  • 3 weeks later...

Gotta love these 308s! Thankful I bought a buttload of ammo before it went through the roof! I work I'm a large metal tab shop and get the welders to save their round scrap, makes some nice FREE steel targets! I have a huge supply of 6", 8", and 12" plates and there ain't nothing like slappin them with 308 rounds!

• 3 weeks later...