I need some excuses!

Women are funny man, my girlfriend doesn't like me spending MY money on these things, but I tell her its my money, and when I have extra, I buy what I want! ...it's not like I'm supporting a family or have many bills to pay right now. Kind of ironic too, Uncle Sam pays me, then I buy the guns Uncle Sam hates...haha :haha:

Just tell her that you ARE getting another gun soon, and this one is the cheapest ways for you to go, and you get a lotta bang for your buck. Value!!!, tell her man! APPEAL to the womanly shopping senses. LOL

one thing that worked for me was i told her she could shoot it..when she complained that a 12ga. kicks too much , i filled her in on the lessened recoil from a semi-auto and promised :devil: that i would buy a recoil buffer , muzzle brake , etc., would you believe she went for it ?!..and actually helped me pay for the brake , because the gun was so inexpensive compared to all the other guns i showed her the prices of. :chris: ..lol...only problem is now i have to get another one for me!..lol...it is wise to use shopping sense to convince a woman you are getting a bargain , they seem to have an instinctual 'sale radar' :ph34r: that gets em goin...then your gonna have to convince her that it isnt going to take YOU away from HER for extended periods of time :ded: ..if you can convince her to shoot WITH you , youve got it made , use it as something you and her CAN do to spend more time together..lol...my girl has been a shooter for years but she never liked shotguns because she was afraid of the kick , you should see her face when she blows stuff away now :super: ...of course the whole home security , constitutional right and responsibility thing is always good to break the ice....i might throw in a little something about the "world famous"durability and dependability of AK type guns too...another thing that may help is , if possible , show her the price tag on one in a store display , and the prices of similar guns , then show her the CDNN catalog price ...if she sees a bargain , she may give in just so she can get away with it with you for something else in the future..lol...i ended up letting her buy a "bakers rack" to clutter up our over-crowded kitchen , and the damned thing cost more than my gun!!!!..lol.....

Edited by Silverfox

Well.. I thought about all the ideas you all had put together for me and then worked up a plan of attack that I thought would work well (knowing her as I do)

The "shooting with me" idea was not going to work :huh: so I cooked dinner and then buttered her up with some :kiss: I even taped her soap operas and a special on Life Time Television. We talked before going to sleep and I slipped the purchase question into the conversation. She pointed up at our bedroom ceiling at the blue electrical box.

Ok..minor set back and I'll keep you all posted after I get that ceiling fan installed! <_<

I'm glad Silverfox has a woman that'll shoot with him. My exgirlfriend loved to, although inexperience and safety was an issue :unsure: My gf now doesn't like going to the range when its cold (thank God Ky weather is getting warmer) and really doesn't care much for shooting...I think she's sick of guns actually since buying/modifying/shooting is all I do for a hobby really. At one point she actually said she wasn't comfortable with the marriage idea because of my spending habits but has since recanted. I'm thinking I'm young and single and don't need to be tied down (with time and money) yet.

I tell ya NedPepper, don't by anything HK! ...I did a while back and still haven't heard the end of it .....and I'm not married! :blink:

:smoke: Hey Ned ,you can always do 1 of 2 things my friend does.

1. :ph34r: he squirrels away a little here and there and when he has enough he buys it but tells her :angel: he got it for half of whatever it is goes for,bought it from a 'friend' who had to get rid of it,etc OR 2. show her the price and tell her to go ahead and spend :dollar: the same amount on something she wants,but under NO circumstances bug her about :eek: -'you spent that much on THAT!!?' there is a 3rd- do a couple things she has been bugging you about-i.e. the ceiling fan,paint the...room,get her gardening tools,plants,dirt,etc and HELP her plant :wub: -if she likes that.-we know we should do them,but guys have diff priorities- :devil: .

Last thing-'a dragon may :ded: and eat you but a pissed off woman is TRULY something to be :eek::eek: of..' Good Luck man :super: -I think these stories and predicaments reinforce my reasoning to stay single :haha:

So I'm sitting here tonight, half watching this movie Tigerland and half wondering where I'll hide Easter eggs tomorrow and half daydreaming about which guage or model Saiga shotgun might suit me best and I'm wondering..what's the big deal about pistol grips anyhow?!

A rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip is inherently more lethal than my Remington 870 or my 7400 or was it some political way to weed out the weapons that someone decided belongs on the 'blacklist' ? Hate to sound 'dah' but I never owned any blacklist type weapons before. The only reason I decided to pick up an AK in the first place was..well..out of curiosity mainly. I thought a gun guy ought to atleast see what the 'other side' might have been shooting at me with. Now that I've seen- I like! :rolleyes:

yea Ned..im still in shock over the '94 AWB...lol....i thought an assault weapon was a gun that had a firing mode selector and was capable of full-auto firing....how an gun can be called an assault weapon because it has a pistol grip or folding stock is pure political bull squeezins , and how they slipped the AWB by us was a bold faced lie...in fact , the ban does not include anything about "assault weapons", so the title itself is a lie....as far as im concerned , a semi-auto is a semi-auto , no matter how you dress it..and a pistol grip and folding stock isnt goin to make the thing more or less potent , just more comfortable...

yea the AK's are fun as hell to shoot...if they where a little more accurate at range i might buy one of them in a rifle caliber myself , for me the mini-14 does the same job cheaper (although less durable ).....to tell you the truth , im glad our enemies are using AK's and we are using AR's..lol....

:ph34r: <................................300m+................................> :killer:

p.s. good luck with the wife , im sure she will feel better when the fan is installed , you know how important it can be to have a ceiling fan in the bedroom , especially if you cooked her a Mexican dinner...lol...

Edited by Silverfox