now i need a mag or two

Get Bulgarian, Russian, most Chinese, US Palm (my fav). I got rid of my Tapcos because the follower always binded up, and I would stay away from ProMag as well.

I got lucky and got a bunch of Bulgarian 40 round poly mags 2 months ago for $15/mag and the work awesome.

Best I can find online right now is romanian military issue, steel mags, in very good condtion.

$20 each. I'll probably grab a couple of these unless they are no good.

Any surplus steel mags will do just fine. $20 is not bad in today's market.

+1 on the tanker mags, they are very handy.If you have wood furniture i'd get a couple of Izzy Bakelites as well :)

Avoid the nasty Korean mags, other than that pretty much any Combloc and Chicom mags are good.

Edited by UKAK

Everyone who says that ANY steel mag is good.... Are forgetting about the shitty korean mags!

I bought a korean 40 round magazine from css a year ago, and the front tab of the mag broke while shooting, causing a jam. I could fix it by re-attaching the piece, but this time, with GLORIOUS AMERICAN SPOT WELDS (using a piece of shit chinese spot welder), because them koreans obviously dont know whats up.

Everyone who says that ANY steel mag is good.... Are forgetting about the shitty korean mags!

I bought a korean 40 round magazine from css a year ago, and the front tab of the mag broke while shooting, causing a jam. I could fix it by re-attaching the piece, but this time, with GLORIOUS AMERICAN SPOT WELDS (using a piece of shit chinese spot welder), because them koreans obviously dont know whats up.

I have 2 of those crappy Korean mags myself. The metal is super thin, and they bend easy. I use them for the range and save the good ones for later.

I have 2 of those crappy Korean mags myself. The metal is super thin, and they bend easy. I use them for the range and save the good ones for later.

Yup. Unfortunately, I think that some vendors sold some batches of these and labeled them as "eastern european" during the peak of the gun/ammo/mags shortages. I only think that this might be happening because I bought some new mags off Midway (I think), and they felt kind of weird.

Whick is exactly the reason I said "any surplus steel mags":

Are the korean ones commercial? I honestly have no idea.

Are the korean ones commercial? I honestly have no idea.

Yup, they sure are.

Some Korean mags for some firearms are okay but they will likely not have been tested very well if at all by the manufacturers. The severe difficulty of obtaining a firearm even for testing purposes by most companies in Korea means they have to go off of design specifications and some guesswork. A few large companies will have access to some models they make themselves plus a few others but most people in small companies may have only seen a firearm during their required national service - some as police never even issued a firearm. They are out to make some quick money. Since they can't control quality even if they tried, some don't bother trying very hard and cut corners on materials and design. Still, purely by chance or a reasonable amount of care in design some magazines actually will function and hold up pretty well.