I think Anubis was very clear in his stance on drums. . . But never fear, the free market will prevail. I am sure another company will step up to the plate and service the demand.

I think Anubis should sell me that friggen gorgeous Corvette, cheap!

(What? I can't have an opinion?!?! haha.gif )

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather not have the ATF classify the MKA as a DD...

They didn't make that classification for the S12, why would the MKA be different?

Do you have a SPY in our shop?   Before you ask, NO it's still a LOOOONG way off , just in the BEGINNING CAD stage now.   It DOES look good though.   A guy can DREAM can't he ?

Posted Images

How does the ATF change the classification of a weapon just because you build a different feeding device?

There's a guy on the Internet building guns and hi capacity magazines with a 3D printer. The ATF had no problem issuing him an FFL license. Are they really concerned if you build a drum?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ak Monty" data-cid="883347" data-time="1364724031"><p>

dont make a drum they will ban it!!!! come on chicken little if that would allow them to ban them the saiga12 would have been gone a year ago when they tried.</p></blockquote>

If you read the thread, Anubis stated that the ATF were busy with there own stuff, and the paperwork was filed, just never completed.

Classify as a DD.

Runs correctly.

Not reliable.

3 minutes.

Never sleeps.

Cool cars. 4 door wagon no less.

That hurt my brain.

To unhurt your brain a little biggrin.png

Yes, the ATF would have classified the Saiga as a DD when drums came out if not for their own internal issues at the time, they had the paperwork completed but something else took precedence. I don't actually know what that something else was. Look what they did to the street sweeper which was basically a 12gauge revolver with far less capacity than a 20 round drum.

Yes, we got this drum to run with about 3 minutes of tuning and tweaking, and yes I still feel drums are unreliable. Even if they are made to run, how many times will they continue to run after being dropped in the dirt? As far as never sleeping, there's two of us that work in the shop and one that handles the phones and paperwork. Between shotguns and AR's that's a more than full time job in and of itself, but then we have street rods, drag boats, car shows, gun shows, boat races, shooting matches, etc etc.

Don't knock the wagon bro, it's going to be badass! Especially when it's done up black and white.

post-46028-0-20390600-1364744332_thumb.jpg

post-46028-0-25906700-1364744337_thumb.jpg

i would rather ppl would post a "how-to" if they dont feel like selling the solution and it only take 3 min to complete

why would you need a "how to", if you look at the picture it shows how it's done. it's pretty straight forward. if you have a 1919 mag and a drum, I'm willing to bet you can figure it out. ;)

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • 1 month later...
I just acquired a 20 round promag drum... Can someone please pm me the information on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Three steps:

1. Cut off the fed tower of the drum

2. Attach 5 (2?) round factory mag.

3. Keep your fingers crossed

Easy peasy ;)

I just acquired a 20 round promag drum... Can someone please pm me the information on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Three steps:

1. Cut off the fed tower of the drum

2. Attach 5 (2?) round factory mag.

3. Keep your fingers crossed

Easy peasy wink.png

Yeah I figured all that... Does the mka mag need to be cut at all? Does any mods need to be done to spring? How about mounting the mag to the drum?

• Like 1
Does any mods need to be done to spring?

I would imagine that you would need to put more tension in the drum spring, one or maybe 2 more revolutions to the drum, seeing now that the shells have to go up a feed tower. that is what I had to do to the PPSH41drum when I converted it to a PPS43 drum.

you would also need to make some spacer shells, to push the remaining live shells in the feed tower up to the gun.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

So any ideas on how to convert my MKA to belt fed.

Had a dream the other night. I was blasting away.

Belt full of 12 guage coming out of two .30 cal ammo cans welded top to bottom under the mag well.

It was amazing.

Then my girlie woke me by smacking me upside my head while saying shut up.

Followed by you better not be cheating on me you old pervert.

So I need a belt fed MKA.

Any ideas?

Belt full of 12 guage coming out of two .30 cal ammo cans welded top to bottom under the mag well.

It was amazing.

Any ideas?

I had mentioned in another thread that it exists as a cad model. I highly doubt it will ever be anything more though.

It was amazing.

Any ideas?

I had mentioned in another thread that it exists as a cad model. I highly doubt it will ever be anything more though.

I thought that was just something to laugh at and kind of make fun of all the wild hair weird shit people pull out their ass on forums lol haha.gif

It was amazing.

Any ideas?

I thought that was just something to laugh at and kind of make fun of all the wild hair weird shit people pull out their ass on forums lol haha.gif

Nope lol, the model actually exists.

Syndicate,

I have a belt fed Razorback upper like the one in your second video, Its a blast. I'd hurry if it's on your wish list as I think they are closing up shop soon. I keep meaning to call them and order some extra parts before they close.8706649896_f3bb400986.jpg

Edited by rat_dogratty
Syndicate,

I have a belt fed Razorback upper like the one in your second video, Its a blast. I'd hurry if it's on your wish list as I think they are closing up shop soon. I keep meaning to call them and order some extra parts before they close.8706649896_f3bb400986.jpg

Unless they take gratitude, shop bitch work, and hand shandy's I'm on a hold for stuff (out of a job since november)

I don't know whether it's possible, but I'd like to see a magazine body that will clip onto a MD Arms drum. That way I don't have to screw up my MD Arms drum trying to make one fit the MKA 1919.

Also, I could still use the MD Arms drum with my Saiga's if the attachment will "clip" to the original mounting points on the drum without modification. I would assume that a couple of dummy shells would be needed to go along with the attachment since the magazine body will need to be at least as tall as the magwell.

Heck, I'd even cut a factory MKA 5 round magazine in half if there was some type of an attachment that could be mounted to the bottom to secure to a MD Arms drum. Magazine would definitely need to be cut so that the drum did NOT hang so far below.

I can always dream...