• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather not have the ATF classify the MKA as a DD...

They didn't make that classification for the S12, why would the MKA be different?

Do you have a SPY in our shop?   Before you ask, NO it's still a LOOOONG way off , just in the BEGINNING CAD stage now.   It DOES look good though.   A guy can DREAM can't he ?

Posted Images

I don't know whether it's possible, but I'd like to see a magazine body that will clip onto a MD Arms drum. That way I don't have to screw up my MD Arms drum trying to make one fit the MKA 1919.

Also, I could still use the MD Arms drum with my Saiga's if the attachment will "clip" to the original mounting points on the drum without modification.

it's totally possible to have one drum for 2 different models of shotguns. in order to do something like that, you would have to cut off the existing feed tower on the MD drum, so all you have is a drum with no feed tower. then make 2 feed towers, one for the SAIGA 12, or if you were very careful on the removing the tower, you can re-use that tower. then make another tower for the MKA.

then it's just a matter of thinking through how to make the attachment. the best way to go with that, is to look at how BETA CO. made their feed tower for the GLOCK 19. all they did was to use a factory 33 round GLOCK mag made a adapter for the base of mag, so that it can go on a 100 round drum.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1
I like the idea of a semi-universal drum with changeable adapters for both Saiga & MKA. Hopefully someone will make one soon.

if you are going to wait until someone else makes something you want, you'll be waiting 'till they plant you in the ground. Even then they still won't make it.

I found out living on this big blue ball for nearly 6 decades, that if you want something and it's not available , don't expect for someone else to come along and make for you, you have to do it yourself if you want it.

The feed tower on the drum has a steel insert in the front, that is what you use to attach the mka feed stack in the front via a slot cut in the mka feed stack

A sheet metal tab welded to the rear of the mka feed stack with holes to match the top two in the promag rear cover.

4 linked aluminum dummy shells to raise the shells to top of stack, high test monofiliment for link

A little magic in the transition with jb weld

• Like 1

That may be true...but I never said I wanted one. Even with it available, I shoot mostly competition, so not really feasible for they way I like to shoot. So far the mags available work great for me.

I like the idea of a semi-universal drum with changeable adapters for both Saiga & MKA. Hopefully someone will make one soon.

if you are going to wait until someone else makes something you want, you'll be waiting 'till they plant you in the ground. Even then they still won't make it.

I found out living on this big blue ball for nearly 6 decades, that if you want something and it's not available , don't expect for someone else to come along and make for you, you have to do it yourself if you want it.