Luckiest man in world needs help

You're a lucky man indeed! smile.png

You won't regret getting one, i love mine to bits.Do you want a .308 or a 7.62x54r?.I went for the 54r as i wanted the 'proper' calibre and 54r is easy enough to get in the UK and it is the SVDS version with a shorter thicker barrel, thicker receiver and folding stock.It also has the mil-spec 1200m rear sight,but is fitted with a Russian 8x42vd scope with the 1000m rangefinder and the correct Russian military bipod that clamps to the receiver.Good luck with your search and keep us posted , heres some pics to keep you going :)

post-44524-0-54726900-1364148926.jpg

post-44524-0-10285900-1364148947.jpg

post-44524-0-50905800-1364148977_thumb.jpg

This is it with some Soviet laminated handguards i aquired

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

TIGR paid for, waiting for it to come to Texas. Ordered "brand spanking sparklingly new" SVD wood furniture set and a 10 rnd magazine from a dude in Russia, and the combo front site (and a polymer set), just to have "both", from the UK site.

Hoping by end of month have it all together. The owner of TAK47, owns a TIGR and said his place can replace site for me.

Bought the Pelican 1750 case for its new home.

guess im pretty damn lucky as well...........................

mine has the wood furniture, svd leaf sight, svd flash hider/front sight, 10 rnd mags. and i even have the adjustable gas reg. plus all the original goodies. drop bag, scope, bulbs, battery warmer, scope cover, tool/ cleaning kit . etc. they are fun. congrats. 027.gif

Heres another photo of mine that may be of interest to you,this time with a Soviet 1pn34 night vision scope fitted.The scope is in perfect working order and complete with its original transit case and accessories :)

post-44524-0-12921100-1365520315_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifSVD.gif

Just got the furniture in from Russia yesterday. Waiting on front site/flash hider

Very nice :) Is it my eyes or is the barrel the shorter SVDS type, looks about the same length as mine.

One thing i would recommend if you can find one is the Russian issue bipod that clamps to the receiver.

Edited by UKAK

attachicon.gifSVD.gif

Just got the furniture in from Russia yesterday. Waiting on front site/flash hider

Very nice smile.png Is it my eyes or is the barrel the shorter SVDS type, looks about the same length as mine.

One thing i would recommend if you can find one is the Russian issue bipod that clamps to the receiver.

Yeah, TIGRs are 4" shorter barrel than normal SVD

Bipod, not going to spend $300-$1000 just for bipod. I plan on getting an airsoft one to use when I want to display the rifle, but not to shoot with, they're more like $40

attachicon.gifSVD.gif

Very nice smile.png Is it my eyes or is the barrel the shorter SVDS type, looks about the same length as mine.

Yeah, TIGRs are 4" shorter barrel than normal SVD

Bipod, not going to spend $300-$1000 just for bipod. I plan on getting an airsoft one to use when I want to display the rifle, but not to shoot with, they're more like $40

you still need the flashhider front site. that bad boy will look awsome once thats on there. they are $. i lucked out and got all my part at once. way cheaper than, buying one at a time.

heres one. like i said they are expensive. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344452654

If you look at MSG #8, you'll see I have order one, just waiting for shipping/delivery!

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/guns_accessories.htm

I think I might have saved money after 'Foreign conversion fee' and the exchange rate, versus direct from Russia.

I put the SVD sling on it yesterday (yep, looks so good) and the owner at TAK47 says he can istall it for me (I live in the area) and he has a TIGR that has been 'Dragunized'

I'm still waiting to have a free weekend to shoot it for first time. Wife has to be available to go to range to watch, since she funded most fo the project.

• Like 1

heres one. like i said they are expensive. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344452654

If you look at MSG #8, you'll see I have order one, just waiting for shipping/delivery!

I think I might have saved money after 'Foreign conversion fee' and the exchange rate, versus direct from Russia.

I put the SVD sling on it yesterday (yep, looks so good) and the owner at TAK47 says he can istall it for me (I live in the area) and he has a TIGR that has been 'Dragunized'

I'm still waiting to have a free weekend to shoot it for first time. Wife has to be available to go to range to watch, since she funded most fo the project.

. do you still have the standerd tigr sites? what about the adjustable gas reg? see if you can find one through rus military. the leaf site isnt hard to find, but that gas reg is a pain. havent seen one in awhile.

the only difference between my tigr and a military svd is the barrel length.

Edited by Guest

. do you still have the standerd tigr sites? what about the adjustable gas reg? see if you can find one through rus military. the leaf site isnt hard to find, but that gas reg is a pain. havent seen one in awhile.

the only difference between my tigr and a military svd is the barrel length.

I don't think you would get an adjustable gas reg through rusmilitary, though i may be wrong.Its odd but the SVDS paratroop version never came with an adjustable gas reg fitted.My SVDS has the fire select markings etc all in Russian Cyrillic script and doesnt say 'Tigr' on it.It also has the standard 1200m rear sight.Do yours stamp a ring around fired cases like Saigas do?,as according to a manual I read they do but for some reason mine doesnt.

• 1 month later...

Finally took my setup out to the range to sight in and see what I could get her to do. But let me first state, I let 4 other people shoot my gun, sharing the awesomeness of the Dragunov (strangers, not friends).

I used the 100 and 200 yard range. Here's the best I did at each distance.

A three shot group at 100 yards.

IMG_2210.JPG

10 shots at 200 yards at 8" circle

IMG_2213.JPG

The extra holes outside were because I stuck the sticker on a previously shot target

Edited by TigerMoses

Three thru the hole nearest the bull...unless I had a massive flyer! :).When I bought mine I got talking to a guy thats owned four of them and he said if he could offer one piece of advice it would be to shoot nothing but the Dragunov for 12 months and get to know it inside out.

• 1 month later...

Three thru the hole nearest the bull...unless I had a massive flyer! smile.png.When I bought mine I got talking to a guy thats owned four of them and he said if he could offer one piece of advice it would be to shoot nothing but the Dragunov for 12 months and get to know it inside out.

ive often wondered it the lack of semi auto makes it more accurate. there was a discussion on another forum about how soviet snipers would sometimes remove the push rod from the svd to increase accuracy. not sure how true that is.