WTB S12 Factory Gas Block

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why not buy a after market gas block. dont they sale those?

Currently the only way to get a gas block is second hand unless you know someone with one in Russia.

scritterkiller: Think about adding this to your signature line. It would be a helpful reminder to all us members that you're on the market for a gas block.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Currently the only way to get a gas block is second hand unless you know someone with one in Russia.

scritterkiller: Think about adding this to your signature line. It would be a helpful reminder to all us members that you're on the market for a gas block.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/SG-142.html

K-var sales one with sight/rail combo... they are just out of stock at the moment.

K-var sales one with sight/rail combo... they are just out of stock at the moment.

Right, but I've never heard of anyone installing this on an Iz-109. Can it be done? I don't know. Not to mention there's a big difference between the two gas blocks. You'd essentially be swapping out a gas block with gas regulation to one without. Factory gas blocks for the Iz-109 remain unavailable unless you buy them second hand.

Apologies to scritterkiller for derailing his WTB add.

Right, but I've never heard of anyone installing this on an Iz-109. Can it be done? I don't know. Not to mention there's a big difference between the two gas blocks. You'd essentially be swapping out a gas block with gas regulation to one without. Factory gas blocks for the Iz-109 remain unavailable unless you buy them second hand.

Apologies to scritterkiller for derailing his WTB add.

I would say Yes, It can be done. This guy has done it. post-36523-0-95871400-1363203827_thumb.j

Good luck getting him to talk about it though. Ive been trying since the bastard posted this pic in the Pic thread. From what I understand you would only have to replace the piston to match the 030 type piston. Then there is also the gas ports and lower handguard retainer that will be modified. but other than that it should work. Ive started a thread on it previously but nobody gave a fuck. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82261-gas-tubes-and-pistonrods/

and also, sorry if the OP has a problem with my post. just trying to help.

Edited by AZG
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...