Hey guys so Im doing my next conversion next week and i am wondering which hammer to use. i am going to be 922r compliant so i was thinking about using the russian hammer that comes stock with the rifle in cunjunction with the arsenal trigger. Ive used them in the past and i like them because they peen against the bolt instead of a hardened steel hammer peening the bolt. What do you think?

You have converted 40 rifles and you're asking for advice? With 40 builds, we should all be asking you for advice.015.gif

I have recently noticed you like to troll every thread the OP makes. How about cutting him some slack by allowing him to get an honest answer or two...

Sure thing.

As soon as he apologizes for insinuating that I beat my woman. Along with a few other crude remarks, both on the open forum and through a PM.

If you use the factory hammer, and leave out the BHO, just shim it with a small washer the same thickness of the BHO and you'll be good to go.

thanks captain hero. the reason i like to use the stock hammer is 1 because it is russian and 2 because the hammer peens instead of the bolt's rear end.

If you use the factory hammer, and leave out the BHO, just shim it with a small washer the same thickness of the BHO and you'll be good to go.

thanks captain hero. the reason i like to use the stock hammer is 1 because it is russian and 2 because the hammer peens instead of the bolt's rear end.

No problem. I prefer the factory hammer for the simple reason that its profiled properly for the weapon in question. I feel you'll be in good shape.

No problem. I prefer the factory hammer for the simple reason that its profiled properly for the weapon in question. I feel you'll be in good shape.

Doesn't relate to the OP, but do you think its the same with the factory S12 hammer?

Doesn't relate to the OP, but do you think its the same with the factory S12 hammer?

I think it does. Afterall, it is the factory hammer. I feel a lot of its just preference, but shit like the G2 isnt profiled exactly the same as the factory hammer in the Saigas.