Salem 6 Hand Guards Available

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my shipping notification. Should be here in a few days. I am 2 parts closer to doing my stock chop.

I do like this fore guard the best. I like how it is big and round on the bottom for a good grip. I'll get me one when they have it ready for the XN model. But these guys seem to take forever to get

LOL, drilling holes for cheater bars. My kinda guy. Just beat on it with a hammer. Big waffle head claw hammer. Beat the hell out of it and post the pics. Even better take a vid. Put it on youtube a

What effect does a shorter guide rod have on the gun?

They said it is the same. You are using the internal nut on the end of the guide rod in the same place it was.On the original, after the internal nut the guide rod was longer and then had the end cap.

Got my hand guard today. Build quality seems good. I should have thought ahead and bought three more rails so I would have everything today. Oh well, I will put it on after I get the rails.

Just got mine as well. VERY nice and I agree on the build quality. Guess I will see how the fitment is this weekend. BTW this is my FIRST post (been lurking for a while though).

Edited by Oncebitten

I do like this fore guard the best. I like how it is big and round on the bottom for a good grip.

I'll get me one when they have it ready for the XN model. But these guys seem to take forever

to get a product out. They need to take some lessons from tooth and nail on how to get a

product out quick.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1
Is there a trick to this? I've used penetrating oil and I haven't even pissed the thing off yet. Help?

I think tooth and nail had a video where he removed it with an automotive tool. I will look for the video.

Here is the video. What you want starts at about 4:25....

Edited by Venomous
So this thing isn't coming off by hand?

REALLY wished the ad had mentioned you need a machine shop to install this thing and i would've saved my money. Would NOT recommend this to someone else. $85 down the drain.

If I have to cut, chop, drill, burn, smash, grate, file, weld or anything else to my gun, I am not interested.

I didn't buy a $700 dollar gun to play Mr. Mechanic on it.

That is why my MKA is still stock and will remain that way.scorn.gif and guess what, my stock gun shoots just as good as your guys $1000.00

in upgrades guns do.naaaa.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

12elentless

You don't need a gunsmith you need some patience. I don't see how Salem 6 is the bad guy in this situation. I don't believe they market the forearm as a full on 'drop in' replacement. Most aftermarket ( if not all ) need the op rod removed for installation. A vise is how I removed mine, so if you don't have one you need to find someone who does. Compared to an AR 15 the MKA is pretty easy to build / work on and in reality does require a bunch of specialized tools (like the AR).

Edited by snwbrdrcr