Giffords' / Kelly Bulldog kills baby....

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/gabrielle-giffords-husband-at-center-of-bizarre-scene-involving-bulldog-and-sea-lion-pup/

seal. Baby seal.

Wow - what hypocrites!

But, if he had the AR that just got denied in AZ, there might have been a different outcome.

Nothing like responsible dog ownership.!!!!

I like how since it's the Giffords', it's an American Bulldog. With anyone else, it would have been a "Infamous Pit Bull".

And now with these fuckheads saying that it's an American Bulldog my homeowners insurance will spike.

Because mine is an American Bulldog.

I went threw this shit when getting the policy.

First off, I'm not against Pit Bulls by any stretch of the imagination. We've owned a couple and they are loving, sweet dogs and, like any other, will behave in a manner consistant with how they are raised and how well you train them to follow your command. What I find disturbing is that the daughter was in charge of this dog when she was obviously not able to control it. She should have been able to say "Stop!" before the seal pup was ever attacked and that should have been the end of it. Or, at the VERY least, the dog should have released the pup if commanded to do so. Dog owners (even famous Liberal ones) have a responsibility to be able to control their pets.

I DO find it interesting (and telling) that the media isn't calling this dog a Pit Bull however. One witness they interviewed even says the words "Pit Bull" at the 1:57 mark in the video, but they mute it out. Instead, they're calling it an "American Bull". If the video had shown Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh or any other Conservative celebrity trying to pull a Pit Bull off a seal pup, you KNOW there would be a media circus over it. David Letterman would joke about "Rush wasn't available for comment, but instead turned his Pit Bull loose on our reporter".

That won't be happening here. Just watch.

Instead, I suspect the Giffords will make a donation (in front of cameras) to help some marine based non profit group like save the whales or something. Then everyone will say how wonderful they are and this incident will not be spoken of much.

I'm just glad it wasn't a child attacked. Again, I don't blame the dog. I blame those on the other end of the leash. If you can't control your dog, why do you have one?

• Like 1
That sucks those things are cute looking. Has anyone asked him who needs a dog that big with so many pointy teeth? What if that was a playground full of children?

I refrained from calling "large breed dogs" "high cap assault beasts". The libs don't want to hurt each others' reputation, that's why PETA isn't throwing red paint yet.

I'm just glad it wasn't a child attacked. Again, I don't blame the dog. I blame those on the other end of the leash. If you can't control your dog, why do you have one?

+1

I DO find it interesting (and telling) that the media isn't calling this dog a Pit Bull however. One witness they interviewed even says the words "Pit Bull" at the 1:57 mark in the video, but they mute it out. Instead, they're calling it an "American Bull". If the video had shown Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh or any other Conservative celebrity trying to pull a Pit Bull off a seal pup, you KNOW there would be a media circus over it. David Letterman would joke about "Rush wasn't available for comment, but instead turned his Pit Bull loose on our reporter".

That won't be happening here. Just watch.

Instead, I suspect the Giffords will make a donation (in front of cameras) to help some marine based non profit group like save the whales or something. Then everyone will say how wonderful they are and this incident will not be spoken of much.

+1 So true.

Don't know if this has been asked, but are those seals protected species? Because if they are, some environmentalists should raise hell about him being responsible for the death of their endangered whatever.

Marine Mammal Protection act. : Basically it requires them to be protected as if they qualify for the endangered species act even though populations are way higher than any historical recorded levels and they are moving all the way up river to mess with fish breeding. Super population of a predator usually ends in a crash either through impact on food supply, or viral epidemic or both, resulting in long term reduced population and weaker bio diversity. Management regulations require the bioligists to set policies to maintain maximum Seal population rather than optimum. Sea Lions have even more extreme protection. there was a guy in Dutch or Kodiac maybe 8-10 years ago that had his boat tied up. Sea lions had been taking over that pier where his boat was. One jumped on the low stern deck and had mauled a couple crew. It was attacking a third. The guy grabbed a bolt action rifle, and shot it. He was convicted with a $75k fine, and several years in jail. At the time, the sentence was harsher than that given for the average person convicted of M2 in AK.

To the best of my non-professional knowledge, the same sort of "endangered species" attacking livestock exception applies to fish that are already in a person's net, but not to fish near a net. Definitely it would be a risky legal theory to test, but I wish someone would and would win.

There are also lots of statutes protecting rookeries generally and some of the main ones by name.

Until you have seen a sand bar at low tide in the late summer, you can have no concept of how massive the population is.