Well... I finally boiled my Yugo bayonet down and slapped it on my Yugo.. Thoughts?

I'm seriously considering fabbing a lug for my S-12 to mount one...

edit: A good friend of mine suggested that it would be lame on the S12 due to the mis-calibration of barrel vs. knife size. He recommended a machete... Frankly, I'm with him!!!

post-33185-0-49542700-1364427061_thumb.jpg

post-33185-0-44781400-1364427075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I just finished mine. It was a little tougher than I thought. Tomorrow, I'm gonna redo the fastening system in OD so it matches my rifle better!

Machette? Nah.......needs more chainsaw.

Fuckin copycats....

Posted Images

Looks good, Max. A big plus on yours is having it on an underfolder, just incase you gotta fight them midget zombies on your knees in a three foot wide culvert. Seriously though, I wanna mount one on my folder for CQ, if needed. Right now, I have a tomahawk that stays mounted to my side when I go shooting. I've trained with one for quite a while, and can deploy it real quick.

You've just inspired me to get my bayonet project started.

• Like 1
Looks good, Max. A big plus on yours is having it on an underfolder, just incase you gotta fight them midget zombies on your knees in a three foot wide culvert. Seriously though, I wanna mount one on my folder for CQ, if needed. Right now, I have a tomahawk that stays mounted to my side when I go shooting. I've trained with one for quite a while, and can deploy it real quick.

You've just inspired me to get my bayonet project started.

hahaha! The only reason I even bought a bayonet is because my AK wasn't "post-'the-new-ban' ban" and I wanted to make liberals shit their boots even harder!

Get after it P!!! I wanna see some sharp glory soon!

btw - anyone have any tips on how to make these things ACTUALLY sharp?

edit: Yup... Folding stock AKs is the only way to go for this boy... Maybe I'll change my tune later? I doubt it... I already have a muskety 91/30...

Edited by Maxwelhse

That looks great man! Before i got into guns i was really into edged weapons (swords, machetes, knives throwing axes etc) and primitive weapons (bows, atlatls, slings, traps,etc). Looking at that and then realizing the new sgl has bayo lugs on it has got me thinkin....

Edited by LuPiN8oR
  • Like 2

bayonet for sure. Because sometimes you want to just stab the zombie and not give away your position. And then sometimes, you're like "f u zombie! I'm going to shoot you and then stab you...just because I can!"

• Like 1
Well, I just finished mine. It was a little tougher than I thought. Tomorrow, I'm gonna redo the fastening system in OD so it matches my rifle better!

LOOOOOOLLLL!!! That's awesome!!! I'm totally gonna do a real mount for a machete on my S12 now!!! :)

Bayonets are great for home defense!

Just let a perp try to grab your barrel in the dark and get a handfull of razor sharp steel! grimace.gif

I can shave with my M16 bayonet!

Would like a tube type that can slip over a polychoke and have a 15-18" blade.

Then just don't be like Robin Duck!

Cold steel rocks! Get rid of that forward grip and you can use it!

Leave the shotgun alone!

That grip folds down, sir. ;)

Cobra is on the case working me up a fair quote for bayonet sharpening... Boys, get in line with your cash ready, but I go first!!!! greedy.gif

• Like 2
You don't want it sharp, unless you want to get it stuck somewhere. They are dull for a purpose.

I know... But the odds of me actually mounting a bayonet and charging "the hill" are almost zero. To me, it's just a cool knife, mounted to a gun, which makes it the coolest knife on the planet. I can't have the coolest knife on the planet having a dull blade!!!

• Like 3
You don't want it sharp, unless you want to get it stuck somewhere. They are dull for a purpose.

I think if you are arguing about the practical purpose of a bayonet you are kind of missing the 'point'.

The only reason to have a bayo is for collector value, or because you think it is cool. That or you are the Veitnam era equivalent of a mall ninja and you take yourself way too seriously. (See also arguments about whether a recoil pad will interfere with butt-stroking)

So if you are honest with yourself, it is probably the cool factor. Nothing wrong with having stuff simply because you like it. The problem is only when you are in denial about that.

Once you admit you have something solely because it is cool, then it is easier to see that you only have to decide what is coolest.

• Like 1

Wow LuPiN8oR ... Not very many people even know what an Atlatl is. Nice to hear from a fellow NC guy even, a reminder of one of my best old hobbies and passions. (Native American tool and edged weapon making... the OLD school way..... no dremels here mister!) wink.png I'm talkin build a fire on top of buried flint blanks in the ground and knap that shit with a piece of bone til ya get a knife or projectile sharp enough to shave with.... from solid rock!

• Like 1

Primitive weapons especially atlatls ive loved for years... they're amazingly accurate and with the right six ft arrow ive been able to put them through plywood! I moved to the mountains and away from knappable rock so i settled for bone tips or beer bottles knapped jussst right lol

• Like 1