This no ammo shit is really starting to get me down. Spring is a springin and I cant even shoot my guns.

The guy at Bass pros and numerous other outlets in town all said the same, we got a load of ammo in

the other day and it was all gone the same day. I mean this shit is getting ridiculous.

If this shit keeps up there is going to be people shooting people just for ammo.

QUIT HOARDING ALL THE AMMO PLEASE........for fuck's sake.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1

I have been looking for Hornady Leverevolution 44 mag for the last 3 months.

Guess they got 20 boxes in the other day...poof, gone in 60 seconds.

At all my local retailers there is NO handgun ammo at all, any caliber.

I have a feeling it is going to be like this for quite a few years.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

you have a much better chance of herding cats, then asking people to stop hoarding during this panic buying frenzyhaha.gif

my philosophy has always been "buy it cheap stock it deep". I've been buying ammo and mags for the calibers I have, since the end of the 94 ban, a little at a time if I came across them at excellent prices.

I stock pile ammo and mags that there is no "ammo shortage blue" here.

the only "blues" I have is that it's still too cold here for me to go out and shoot.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

I reload my .44mag stuff. Just went and got around 400 rounds of 30-06 and 500 rounds of .38 special this past weekend. The .38 was $140 for 500 rounds of HP ammo. The 30-06 was listed on armslist.com

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1
my philosophy has always been "buy it cheap stock it deep". I've been buying ammo and mags for the calibers I have, since the end of the 94 ban, a little at a time if I came across them at excellent prices.

I stock pile ammo and mags that there is no "ammo shortage blue" here.

the only "blues" I have is that it's still too cold here for me to go out and shoot.

problem now is that is the normal way of thinking, hence no ammo for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Most retailers wont let you pre-pay for ammo now, because they have no way of knowing how much they will receive.

problem now is that is the normal way of thinking, hence no ammo for a loooooooooooooooong time.

live on this planet long enough you'll find out that people are reactive instead of being proactive. coupled together where some people people lulled themselves into a false sense that another ban will never ever happen, that the 89, 94 bans were all flukes.

• Like 1

I am at my minimal quota, but went shooting tuesday, and thinking that maybe I should start shopping for more now, rather than later. Paranoia just builds on itself. I am trying not to let it get the best of me.

• Like 1

My favorite sporting goods store here in town ( Warehouse Sports, formerly Sportsmans Warehouse) was closed down for two weeks for restocking and inventory. I went there Monday morning when they opened back up, and I was more excited than a kid walking up to a candy store when I walked in. Figuring, being closed for them two weeks, they'd have their shelves loaded with ammo.

I'll be damned if the ammo shelves had even less ammo on them than they had the few days prior to closing! What a dream crusher! It's got me singing the blues also.

My favorite sporting goods store here in town ( Warehouse Sports, formerly Sportsmans Warehouse) was closed down for two weeks for restocking and inventory. I went there Monday morning when they opened back up, and I was more excited than a kid walking up to a candy store when I walked in. Figuring, being closed for them two weeks, they'd have their shelves loaded with ammo.

I'll be damned if the ammo shelves had even less ammo on them than they had the few days prior to closing! What a dream crusher! It's got me singing the blues also.

Yeah, first it was Sportsmans Warehouse, then it was Warehouse Sports, and now it is back to Sportsmans Warehouse again????? Whatever, they have never been the same after the first switch....they used to have a large inventory of all of their products, now it is much different. They have Tumbleweeds rolling down the isles here!!!
  • Like 1
This no ammo shit is really starting to get me down. Spring is a springin and I cant even shoot my guns.

The guy at Bass pros and numerous other outlets in town all said the same, we got a load of ammo in

the other day and it was all gone the same day. I mean this shit is getting ridiculous.

If this shit keeps up there is going to be people shooting people just for ammo.

You will never stop the ammo thing, not for a few months anyway.

Ya need to cast and reload, and never run out.

I cast and reload for every round I shoot.

From my little 25 Auto, 38SP, 40S&W, 45 Colt, 308, I dont cast but reload 7MM Rem Mag,

and last but not least, cast and reload 12GA, "00" buck and slug.

here is the kicker, people will never ever learn, and they never have.

for the sake of argument, say later this year ammo becomes plentiful again, do you think people will take advantage and slowly stock pile when they see a good price? no, they won't, they'll just go skipping merrily down the path oblivious what happen earlier, then when the next "panic" hits, and it will, no doubt about that. they'll be the first ones on a gun board crying about how they can't get it anymore.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 4

well, I just got back from Cabela's and while they seem to have plenty of rifle and shotgun ammo, the

handgun shelves are dry. Same over at Bass Pro shop and Guns Unlimited. Is it like that in your guys neck of the woods?(no handgun ammo)

I will say they had a smokin deal on the 7.62 x 39. $6.00 for a box of 20. I could only buy 5 though.

here is the kicker, people will never ever learn, and they never have.

for the sake of argument, say later this year ammo becomes plentiful again, do you think people will take advantage and slowly stock pile when they see a good price? no, they won't, they'll just go skipping merrily down the path oblivious what happen earlier, then when the next "panic" hits, and it will, no doubt about that. they'll be the first ones on a gun board crying about how they can't get it anymore.

I learned the last time around and built up a decent stockpile of .22LR. That's about the only thing I don't make for myself.

I will be scoping out deals on super bulk primers and projectiles for .223 and .308/30-06. I have enough on hand now that I can wait and look until I get a respectable deal.

People who are buying ammo in this market are paying for the convenience of having it now instead of later.

I stocked up - and I've been selling most of what I've stocked up on. At the local fun shows, 9mm is going for as much as $30 for a box of 50. I was lucky enough to pick up a 1k case of Wolf HP 7.62x39 for $300. Got rid of most of my .22, 9mm, .40 and .45 at the last show - now I have just enough to keep my guns fed for a year or so, when prices should be back to about normal.

I was downstairs sizing and trimming brass this weekend and for some reason I kept eyeballing a big USPS shipping box on the bottom shelf of one of my cabinets, curiosity got the better of me, because I just knew it was some .308 brass, but I got to looking and I found all my .308 brass in 2 other boxes, when I pulled it out, HOT DAMN, I found almost 2000 .223 shells that evidently I had de-capped and sized a couple years ago and forgot about. Crap, and I just finished doing a butt load this weekend. I guess the brass fairy just likes me. :)

• Like 1

the thing that gets me is it's not only ammo and guns that are scarce it's everything associated with shooting.

I have been waiting 2 months now for glass to arrive for my AR50-A1. People are even hoarding scopes?????

If you want to order something on line you may as well forget about it, or plan on waiting 6 months or more.bad_egg.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
People who are buying ammo in this market are paying for the convenience of having it now instead of later.

I stocked up - and I've been selling most of what I've stocked up on. At the local fun shows, 9mm is going for as much as $30 for a box of 50. I was lucky enough to pick up a 1k case of Wolf HP 7.62x39 for $300. Got rid of most of my .22, 9mm, .40 and .45 at the last show - now I have just enough to keep my guns fed for a year or so, when prices should be back to about normal.

I did some of that too. I had bought a bit of .223 and I don't even own a .223. I sold it and made enough to cover enough primers for a couple thousand 9mm. I also bought extra reloading gear and ebayed it. Most of the stuff is still selling on ebay for 2-4 times retail, even though a lot of it is back in stock at normal prices at most of the common sellers. I just sold a loadmaster turret for $39+ shipping that I payed $9 for. I actually want about 4 more of those, but I figure putting up with being 1 short for a couple months will cover the cost of the replacements. I wish that there weren't licencing requirements to make and sell ammo, because I'd be cranking a bunch out right now.