28gaTaurusRagingJudge2.jpg

Thirty minutes ago my walmart has nothing but 7mm-08, 7mm mag, and some handy 28 gauge (cause we all need some 28 gauge for.....). Seems some places are doing better than others.
Speaking of .28 gauge... And I thought I'd never be out done by my .500.
Edited by fffpatriot
  • Like 2

Thirty minutes ago my walmart has nothing but 7mm-08, 7mm mag, and some handy 28 gauge (cause we all need some 28 gauge for.....). Seems some places are doing better than others.

NO TAURUS!!!!

I'm not going to go into great detail, even beyond that article, but if you read it you will see that Brazil can and DOES tax IMPORTS at up to 50%... Fuck them... Smith makes a fine shotgun caliber revolver too..

http://www.globaltrade.net/f/business/text/Brazil/Trade-Policy-Import-Tariffs-in-Brazil.html

/rant

maxwelhse, log on to Midway, get on their notifications, and set you computer to check e-mails every 1 minute, I scored 1500 rounds of 22lr this afternoon. I kept going back and checking on one certain one and it kept showing in stock, so when I finally get the balls to spend more money, it's all sold. Midway is not gouging people like the others.

maxwelhse, log on to Midway, get on their notifications, and set you computer to check e-mails every 1 minute, I scored 1500 rounds of 22lr this afternoon. I kept going back and checking on one certain one and it kept showing in stock, so when I finally get the balls to spend more money, it's all sold. Midway is not gouging people like the others.

I'll have to check that out, but being a non-smart-phoner puts me at a distinct disadvantage... :(

NO TAURUS!!!!

I'm not going to go into great detail, even beyond that article, but if you read it you will see that Brazil can and DOES tax IMPORTS at up to 50%... Fuck them... Smith makes a fine shotgun caliber revolver too..

http://www.globaltrade.net/f/business/text/Brazil/Trade-Policy-Import-Tariffs-in-Brazil.html

/rant

I have the 3" Judge I want to get rid of and get the Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV. It would be nice to have a small two shot .410 snake gun for the rattlers. Bad enough to have to carry my S&W .500 around in grizzly country on one hip, let alone the Judge on the other hip, just for snakes.

That Bond Arms would be nice to have tucked in my pants just below my belly. Them babies are extremely well made. Built like a tank, and having the versatility of swapping barrels for a multitude of different calibers is golden!

NO TAURUS!!!!

/rant

Because when the USA had a greatly high import tax you did what?

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa032.html

NO TAURUS!!!!

/rant

I have the 3" Judge I want to get rid of and get the Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV. It would be nice to have a small two shot .410 snake gun for the rattlers. Bad enough to have to carry my S&W .500 around in grizzly country on one hip, let alone the Judge on the other hip, just for snakes.

That Bond Arms would be nice to have tucked in my pants just below my belly. Them babies are extremely well made. Built like a tank, and having the versatility of swapping barrels for a multitude of different calibers is golden!

Just don't sell your Judge back to Brazil... You'll loose your ass! smile.png

Taurus makes fine firearms, I can't dispute that... I just refuse to do business with them based on politics alone. Bond arms makes some very interesting pieces! I'm not sure that I would trade that way (I might opt for a Governor instead), but it's certainly a good option!

Plus I absolutely LOVE their advertising!!!

post-33185-0-78566600-1364619096.jpg

post-33185-0-71829800-1364619112.jpg

Because when the USA had a greatly high import tax you did what?

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa032.html

I don't own a motorcycle, so in that case I did nothing...

...moving on, I buy American whenever I can. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't?

No I am not implying that! I am trying to understand your post that was against country's that have a high import tax! Those import taxes can and do promote buying from within the country.

Or did I misread something in your post?

No I am not implying that! I am trying to understand your post that was against country's that have a high import tax! Those import taxes can and do promote buying from within the country.

Or did I misread something in your post?

You read my post totally correctly... Brazil has insane import taxes, so we shouldn't go racing to the cash registers with our money to fill their coffers when they penalize OUR products so severely.

Good for them protecting their best interests! We should be doing the same! BUY A GOVERNOR IF YOU WANT A JUDGE!!

Sorry...it's late and I did not get what you where saying at first. I do own a Taurus.........wait for it.....and a few S&W's....but at least I know where you are coming from now!

It is even later where you are.....so not to thread crap any more than I have already.....good night.....and I hope you and yours never have to use a gun in SD!

Be safe out there!

Edited by Bigtwin

Went to Walmart this morning. Shelves were still 90+ % empty, except for a few dozen .30-06 boxes, a bunch of 12 gauge bird shot, and two boxes of .270.

Boy, if a guy could only go back in time, and buy the materials and equiptment you needed to manufacture .22lr ammo right in your garage..."$$$!!!"

Plenty of shotgun ammo around here (NH) at Walmart and the local big hunting stores. I got a sealed 50 cal ammo can full of 175 rounds of Federal 00 buck for 119, and the same store was selling empty cans for 20 (so $99).

My Walmart has people that know when and what time the trucks come in. So stuff doesn't even get on the shelf. the local shops are starting to get stuff though.

Edited by dustindu4
The one just up the road has .40S&W and has better stocks.

I went to 3 gun shops looking for .40 S&W today.

NO TAURUS!!!!

/rant

The guy at the range lane next to me today had 1 of those Raging Judges. It seemed to shoot all 3 calibers accurately and reliably. He also had a Taurus .357 with compensator and a PT-92. All seemed to shoot better than the IMI and Beretta he brought. He had some some other cool toys too. He said everything he brought was new and never fired. He had some trouble with a .50 AE Desert Eagle. Wouldn't chamber a cartridge. Also said he paid $800 for it new about 4 months ago and never shot it. One day...I will have a collection that equals a 1/10th of his.

Edited by Beretty

NO TAURUS!!!!

/rant

The guy at the range lane next to me today had 1 of those Raging Judges. It seemed to shoot all 3 calibers accurately and reliably. He also had a Taurus .357 with compensator and a PT-92. All seemed to shoot better than the IMI and Beretta he brought. He had some some other cool toys too. He said everything he brought was new and never fired. He had some trouble with a .50 AE Desert Eagle. Wouldn't chamber a cartridge. Also said he paid $800 for it new about 4 months ago and never shot it. One day...I will have a collection that equals a 1/10th of his.

I never argued that Taurus doesn't make a good firearm... My argument was political. I got on the soapbox last night, and after reviewing the thread, in the TOTALLY wrong place (A 5th of Whiskey will do that to me)... Maybe I should just add my anti-Brazil rants to my sig and be done with it?

Anyhow... If that's how you want to go, then great! I just think the general knowledge base about how severe our trade imbalance with Brazil is really like is very low amongst gun owners. 80% of this forum wouldn't step foot in Walmart for anything more than ammo because of their Chinese ties and the way they treat American workers... I thought the info would help.

Again, sorry for the thread hi-jack, but sometimes I just get the bug in me. Call me an asshole or a motherfucker, as long as you don't call me late for dinner! :)

NO TAURUS!!!!

/rant

I never argued that Taurus doesn't make a good firearm... My argument was political. I got on the soapbox last night, and after reviewing the thread, in the TOTALLY wrong place (A 5th of Whiskey will do that to me)... Maybe I should just add my anti-Brazil rants to my sig and be done with it?

Anyhow... If that's how you want to go, then great! I just think the general knowledge base about how severe our trade imbalance with Brazil is really like is very low amongst gun owners. 80% of this forum wouldn't step foot in Walmart for anything more than ammo because of their Chinese ties and the way they treat American workers... I thought the info would help.

Again, sorry for the thread hi-jack, but sometimes I just get the bug in me. Call me an asshole or a motherfucker, as long as you don't call me late for dinner! smile.png

I was just as guilty last night.... took a bit of slowing(me) down to understand your post! No harm no foul! Drinking and posting is not ileagal yet....but does get the blood flowing!haha.gif

Maxwelhse, I'm with you.

Free Trade Agreements are not free.

It only gets worse with countries who will not enter into a Free Trade Agreement like Brazil.

I believe we are all responsible for supporting American workers. After all the vast majority of us are American workers.

As far as Walmart goes even ammo is not reason enough to step foot into that anti American, evil, predatory poor excuse of a company.

Their on going history of exploiting American workers while selling products from countries with profound human rights violations is an embarrassement to our country.

This country pays a very high cost for Walmart's low prices.

I could go on but I'll stop as I have not had a few Whiskeys.

Wiskey. Now that sounds good.