I was 18 when this album came out, a year out of high school. I can remember sitting around stoned immaculate with friends with the lights off listening to this. It's been remastered for the 40th Anniversary of it's release and available on Amazon in MP3 format for $2.99.

Good memories...(to the extent I can remember...)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NPCUC8

• Like 6

Great music.

Our local planetarium has a special light show to Dark Side of The Moon.

Thanks to mandatory drug test at work........I'm might have to use ''legally prescribed pain medication" to sit though the whole show.rolleyes.gif

Currently Viewing: Home Planetarium Now Showing Dark Side of the Moon
planetariumdarksideofthemoonmain.jpg Don't Miss this Incredible Experience!
Pink Floyd's legendary album returns, enhanced by all of the capacities of the Museum’s high-definition, full-dome video system. Fantastic sound and incredible images create an unforgettable experience. It's not just a laser show, it’s a totally new digital revolution in sight and sound—surrounding you, immersing you, losing you in the Dark Side of the Moon. This unique video experience is provided by Starlight Productions.
  • Like 1

Great music.

Our local planetarium has a special light show to Dark Side of The Moon.

Thanks to mandatory drug test at work........I'm might have to use ''legally prescribed pain medication" to sit though the whole show.rolleyes.gif

Currently Viewing: Home Planetarium Now Showing Dark Side of the Moon
planetariumdarksideofthemoonmain.jpg Don't Miss this Incredible Experience!

Pink Floyd's legendary album returns, enhanced by all of the capacities of the Museum’s high-definition, full-dome video system. Fantastic sound and incredible images create an unforgettable experience. It's not just a laser show, it’s a totally new digital revolution in sight and sound—surrounding you, immersing you, losing you in the Dark Side of the Moon. This unique video experience is provided by Starlight Productions.

I was also 16 when it came out, that summer was great times. I'm affraid I would have to eat 3 muscle relaxers and at least two vicodin just to stay upright in a seat long enough to make it through the planetariums most excelent experience though, time hasen't been so kind to this body laugh.png I do still like the music.

Feel good not to be the oldest guy in the room once in a while.big_smile.gif

Here's something to make ya feel at home... wink.png

This is what Im talkin about motherfuckers.

BTW, I cant like shit for the day. Sorry felllas.

• Like 2

I make a point of listening to "Time" every year on my birthday. Dark Side is some music my dad and I can agree on. Not too big on that lady someone is torturing through a track or two though.

I make a point of listening to "Time" every year on my birthday. Dark Side is some music my dad and I can agree on. Not too big on that lady someone is torturing through a track or two though.

I love the female solos!

Dark Side of the Moon is wonderful. For that matter, all of Pink Floyd is amazing! I put it all on a memory stick and can stick in any computer or even in my truck, and I listen to it all the time.

While I do think the band is probably the best rock band yet, I tend to disagree with fans

on two things. It's not better stoned, and Dark Side is not their best album.

I do like the post Waters Division Bell and A Momentary Lapse of Reason, but my favorite

stuff is the Wall and the Final Cut. That latter album has great stuff that no one has heard of;

it's kind of sad.

I did go see Waters on the 30th Wall tour in Columbus a couple years back. It was a great show,

and Waters is a good as he's ever been. The new technology really helped the show as well.

About my only criticism is the guy they had doing Gilmore's job could play like him very well,

but his singing was not as good.

• Like 2

Wish you were here is much more from the heart -- reference Syd Barret

I have been a fan since Piper At The Gates of Dawn. My favorite albums are Atom Heart Mother, Wish You Were Here and The Final Cut. The Wall was much too commercial but there are a few cuts that stand out (DUH -- it is Pink Floyd...). Outstanding tracks = Too many to mention but "Watch Out For That Axe Eugene" and "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Groovin With A Pict" are a few I remember listening to and enjoying in an altered state decades ago....

If ya'll wanna see a Pink Floyd collection, the wife has EVERY damn thing they ever did. We got cd's laying in places I didn't know was there, and if you forget the lyrics to one of the songs, just ask her, she'll tell you. I think the last time they where here, may have been either the Pulse concert tour or Division Bell, I can't remember, although I didn't wake up to go to work after the concert until 1:00 the next day. I may have been a little trashed, I called in to say I "over slept", my boss said screw it, we'll just dock your pay, no using a sick day.

I love some Floyd, but really love it remixed or in a mash-up. Blake Jerrel did an incredible mash of "Comfortably Numb" on ASOT 400 in 2009. I've been a fan of Floyd and electronic music for most of my life. I used to listen to Kraftwerk with my Dad way back in the early '80s, for some perspective. "Comfortably Numb" has always been my favorite, with "Run like Hell" coming in at a very close second. I was going to see them in the early '90s and my bitch girlfriend threw a fit, so I didn't go. Shortly after that, they announced that it would be their last tour. Same shit happened with Nirvana except Cobain lost his gray matter in a bungalow. I was pissed and help a deep hatred for her from then on. I wasn't the man I am now. These days I would have told her to make sure she and all of her shit is gone when I get back.