This may be directed to the 3Gun competition shooters or anyone that runs lots of rounds through their MKA 1919.

On the 1st round, is it required (or recommended) to strip the 1st round from a magazine or is it OK to just drop a round into the chamber and drop the bolt? The only concern would be wear and tear on the extractor which, unless I've missed them, are not available as replacement parts.

So far, I've always used a magazine but starting out with a single round fished out of a pocket seems a lot faster.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

While that works, I would be cautious. There were cases of stock guns slam firing by doing just that. This was the main reason we made our heavy firing pin spring and titanium firing pin, to get rid of that issue.

I guess I will just lower the bolt on that first round for now.

I did not know Firebird had a titanium firing pin and heavy firing pin spring. I just need to remember to add it to my list for my next order.

With the new FP and spring the slam fire issue is solved but is there a concern about wear on the extractor?

Thanks.

Bill

This may be directed to the 3Gun competition shooters or anyone that runs lots of rounds through their MKA 1919.

On the 1st round, is it required (or recommended) to strip the 1st round from a magazine or is it OK to just drop a round into the chamber and drop the bolt? The only concern would be wear and tear on the extractor which, unless I've missed them, are not available as replacement parts.

So far, I've always used a magazine but starting out with a single round fished out of a pocket seems a lot faster.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Bill

Depends on the condition that is required

Condition one ist loaded and safety on. So you can put on in the chamber if you want. You can do that by putting in a magazine getting one from the magazine then replacing the mag with a full one or just get the mag out and fill it up.

Condition two is mag in but chamber empty and bolt closed

Condition three no mag in but you can have the bolt open.

I always load from the magazine myself, seemed awkward for me to put one in the chamber first. I did try placing a round in the chamber first a few times, on the 3rd or 4th time I did it at the skeet club I had a slam fire. It was a month or so after I had purchased it. You can get a heavy firing pin spring from RAAC. I was ordering another drive block under warranty. During the phone conversation he asked me if I had experienced any other problems with my MKA and I told him about the slam fire. The updated spring was included with the drive block he sent me. Thank goodness I practice good muzzle awareness or else I'd be short a few toes right now.

While that works, I would be cautious. There were cases of stock guns slam firing by doing just that. This was the main reason we made our heavy firing pin spring and titanium firing pin, to get rid of that issue.

I've looked all over the FB site without success. Can I order them online or do I need to call Nanci?