http://www.armslist.com/posts/1210547/georgia-rifles-for-sale--saiga-ak-47-heirloom-quality-in-7-62x39-with-extras-for--1275-00-this-is-one-superior-ak-

Have some birthday money coming this week so decided to shop for my next gun. Saw this and had to share it. I have never seen a "heirloom quality" Saiga before, so I was wondering if you had ever seen one this nice.

I suspect it is used to justify a higher asking price. It is kind or like "rare" or "limited" being used to describe something that really isn't. It may be unique in that it is one of a few with a certain look. However, that look can be replicated (usually at a cheaper price). Or...when someone rates it an 8 out of 10 (what is that anyway - what is the standard?). It is just an ordinal measurement scale where a person assigns values to objects based on their ranking with respect to one another. For example, using a scale of 0-10 to indicate degree of condition, from 0 (destsroyed/damaged so badly as to be not salvagable/not usable) to 10 (pristine unused and unblemished condition). While you know that a 4 is better than a 2, there is no implication that a 4 is twice as good as a 2. Nor is the improvement from 2 to 4 necessarily the same "amount" of improvement as the improvement from 6 to 8. All we know is that there are 11 categories, with 1 being better than 0, 2 being better than 1, etc.. If it is the best priced one you have found and what you really want then go for it. But get it because you want it and not because the seller calls it "heirloom quality".

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="macbeau" data-cid="883411" data-time="1364741229"><p>

I thought they were ALL heirloom quality.?.?.?<br />

Am I missing something?<br />

<br />

Macbeau</p></blockquote>

Seriously Macbeau? Are you a NOOB? Only qualify as heirloom quality of it has the tapco stock.... Sheesh! All you guys who move parts around from where the ATF says they should be (theyre professionals, so i am pretty sure they know better than you... I mean they are a govt company and have initials) are desecrating a good gun and just wanna scare people :-)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="macbeau" data-cid="883411" data-time="1364741229"><p>

<br />

Macbeau</p></blockquote>

Seriously Macbeau? Are you a NOOB? Only qualify as heirloom quality of it has the tapco stock.... Sheesh! All you guys who move parts around from where the ATF says they should be (theyre professionals, so i am pretty sure they know better than you... I mean they are a govt company and have initials) are desecrating a good gun and just wanna scare people :-)

Oooop!

Pardon my Noobyness.

Only here since early "05...

I still have a lot to learn....

Macbeau...

BTW - if that barrel really is a 16.3", then I really do have a 12" dick! (using his math, algorythems and conversion scale)

Yeah me!

greedy.gif

<br />

Macbeau</p></blockquote>

Oooop!

Pardon my Noobyness.

Only here since early "05...

I still have a lot to learn....

Macbeau...

BTW - if that barrel really is a 16.3", then I really do have a 12" dick! (using his math, algorythems and conversion scale)

Yeah me!

greedy.gif

You sir win comment of the day award. I am stuck at work today and was kinda sour about it, but that made me laugh my ass off.

Thank you,

• Like 1

But Monty, that doesnt sound very heirloomy (actual word????) to me. This guy is letting you in on a piece of his family history (from last week or so...). This JG guy you speak of sounds like a fraud. No one sells guns for $799. It is either $700 or &800. I dont trust anyone who doesnt use whole, round numbers.

It's heirloom because it is the only Saiga x39 with a garbage stock setup and garbage trigger setup at the same time. An example of those hasn't been seen since 2004 when the ban was lifted (not to mention the Coleman box that clearly comes with it)