ok guys 1 more question so i dont have any red loctite and thats usually what i use in this type of application (bullet guide). what i do have is loctite 290; the wicking stuff, and blue loctite jell. will the blue or green 290 work ok or should i get red again. funds are low so im trying to use what i have for now.

The red is supposed to be non removable, the green is removable with slight heat, Yeh Right, it's all removable if you have enough heat. If you have to use the green, take you a center punch and peen about 4 spots on the edge where the screw meets the BG, it should hold you until you can get some red. The peen marks should get both the screw head and BG, the burr it raises should buy you enough time, hell, it may hold from now on.

OH MY GOD! I WASN'T QUOTING YOU!

How much does loctite cost in Cali anyway? Its $5.39 for a tube of Loctite brand red thread locker around here, hard to believe it'd be much more anywhere else in the US. You REALLY can't afford that? Maybe you do need to sell one of your 4 new Saiga's!

Edited by dubya
  • Like 3
OH MY GOD! I WASN'T QUOTING YOU!

How much does loctite cost in Cali anyway? Its $5.39 for a tube of Loctite brand red thread locker around here, hard to believe it'd be much more anywhere else in the US. You REALLY can't afford that? Maybe you do need to sell one of your 4 new Saiga's!

About http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LOCTITE-Medium-Screw-Thread-Threadlocker-5A228?Pid=search

Even then it is cheap!

The use of Red loctite I think is excessive=not required, for the BG!

broke down and got the red but that shit was 10 bucks...weak. and bought a new pipe cutter for the muzzle brake install and the wheel folded on me before i got 1 revolution..bad day i guess.

So you start out this thread by saying you are so low on funds that basic < $10 red loctite has got you over a barrel. $10... really? Then you not only manage to find the coin to buy the really expensive loctite but you can also swing for a brand new pipe cutter too? Awesome, dude! Who did you have to murder to get there? 021.gif

Edited by modrisco
broke down and got the red but that shit was 10 bucks...weak. and bought a new pipe cutter for the muzzle brake install and the wheel folded on me before i got 1 revolution..bad day i guess.

So you start out this thread by saying you are so low on funds that basic < $10 red loctite has got you over a barrel. $10... really? Then you not only manage to find the coin to buy the really expensive loctite but you can also swing for a brand new pipe cutter too? Awesome, dude! Who did you have to murder to get there? :lolol:

See what I mean? Its like an imaginary world.

• Like 1