Aftermarket choke tube threads?

I'm looking for a super full choke for my 1919 I've heard the Winchoke tubes will fit but from what I can tell there are several different winchester chokes out there.

It looks like there's Winchester Invector, Winchester, Winchest SXS and a few others. I actually tried the chokes out of my old Winchester 1300 along with a Browning Invector that fits it, but they won't fit down the barrel of the 1919.

So if I order a Kicks Gobblin Thunder for a Winchester will it fit?

So if I order a Kicks Gobblin Thunder for a Winchester will it fit?

Standard Winchokes like those sold by Carlson fit my MKA 1919 perfectly.

The ad shows this is the Winchester / Browning Invector choke.

I compared the Winchoke threads to some Briley Browning Invector chokes I have on hand an they are not the same animal. Several measurements are just not the same between the two.

On the Winchoke, the length of the choke (from the muzzle back into the bore) is 1.60".

The Browning Invector length is 2.40". The diameter of the Invector choke is also slightly larger. It will not even start to go into the end of the MKA 1919 barrel.

Unless they also offer a Winchoke version, you may need to look elsewhere. Consider Briley and Carlson's.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

It looks like neither one will work with your MKA 1919. I suspect they are currently out of stock with the Winchoke thread but a call to their customer service will be your best bet.

Bill

I've tried a winchoke and a browning choke which was identical to the winchoke when side by side and neither would screw all the way in my barrel. Both left a gap inside the barrel between the base of the choke tube and the chromed portion of the barrel.

I recently received the tac-choke from Centerfire, which is supposed to be a winchoke as well. It does not screw all the way in either. When compared to the supplied choke tubes, I noticed that the winchokes' threading continues about 1/16" closer to the base of the choke than do the mka chokes. Obviously, my barrel is not threaded deep enough to allow these aftermarket chokes to seat properly, but is this common, or something I need to contact RAAC about?

Also, since the factory chokes do screw all the way in; albeit with great effort, will RAAC feel the need to help me out? I can see a trip to Briley's in my future.

Is your Browning choke a pre-Invector model?

In the image, the top choke is for Browning Invector. In a Browning, it will screw into the barrel all the way to the knurled section (choke length 2-3/8").

The bottom choke is a Winchoke that will fit in my MKA 1919 all the way into the barrel (choke length 1-9/16").

Note that the unthreaded area on the Winchoke is longer than that of the Invector. Also the threaded section is longer on the Winchoke.

An eyeball comparison shows that the threads are the same (threads per inch and pitch).

On my MKA 1919, the Browning Invector choke will not begin to slip into the barrel. If anything, the Winchoke is a little loose in my gun. I add a little extra choke tube lub and use a choke wrench to get it a little past hand tight to keep it in the barrel.

Bill

post-45744-0-51017700-1365096150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flatland Shooter

The tac-choke looks more like the invector tube in your picture, as did the browning choke I tried. They thread into the barrel but not all the way and leave a gap of about 1/16th of an inch. As far as the factory chokes, I have to use the choke wrench with an extreme amount of force to seat them all the way into the barrel. I can only hand tighten them until there is about 1/8th of an inch sticking out of the barrel.

Thanks for all the replies, I actually got to stop in at a Bass Pro & they had the Kicks choke I wanted in the Winchester threads. It fits perfect and looks a little Bad Ass too. greedy.gif

Hopefully I'll get the chance to pattern it this weekend.

Edited by JeremyT
Thanks for all the replies, I actually got to stop in at a Bass Pro & they had the Kicks choke I wanted in the Winchester threads. It fits perfect and looks a little Bad Ass too. greedy.gif

Hopefully I'll get the chance to pattern it this weekend.

What is the part number for yours? It seats perfectly?

Sorry Hunter, I forgot about answering this until I was in the safe tonight.

The product # is WC12GT655 (655 is the constriction of the choke)

C1B6C562-0802-4A8B-BDAF-0B8178059CBE-272

On the front of the package it is marked for Browning Invector, Mossberg 500 & 9200, Wichester.

A42FA50D-E5C9-4E22-89F7-BE1D40588E97-272

3C95B25C-335D-4CE4-9166-3A60B3C87700-272

• Like 1
Sorry Hunter, I forgot about answering this until I was in the safe tonight.

The product # is WC12GT655 (655 is the constriction of the choke)

C1B6C562-0802-4A8B-BDAF-0B8178059CBE-272

On the front of the package it is marked for Browning Invector, Mossberg 500 & 9200, Wichester.

A42FA50D-E5C9-4E22-89F7-BE1D40588E97-272

3C95B25C-335D-4CE4-9166-3A60B3C87700-272

Thank you, Jeremy... especially for the pictures! I'll start shopping for one right now!