• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the compliments. I love the wood on the L1A1's. I have a wood pistol grip and stock for a G1 FAL but due to 922r I wouldn't have the correct parts count. Need to get some US made floor plates and fallowers for the meteric mags. When I get the wood all finished (boild/bleached, sanded to 600 grit, dents and scratches filled in, stained in red mahogany and a high gloss lacquere) and the metal refinished (Gloss black ALUMA HYDE) I will post more photos of the L1A1. The other 2 I will use Matte black ALUMA HYDE. I still have a lot of work to do. Oh and yes 308 is not cheap. Thank God for reloading.

Edited by ripper1

The first time I shot an FAL and I was hooked. It's a great rifle. I love the Saiga 308 as well and I am almost done with that one. I just got the FSB back from Dinzag and it will be complete as far as fuctionality. But that is another post.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/86607-my-second-308-build/

post-12530-0-54641000-1366944016_thumb.jpg

Still need to refinsh the metal and wood. Oh yah and test fire. smile.png

I have an oportunity to buy one that looks just like the middle rifle in the pic. What would be a reasonable price in this market? The gun is at a local shop here in town.

Well it depends the parts is a stg58 kit which with all mathing numbers is going for between 400 and 500 but it really depends on the type receiver it is andwho built the gun the rite reciever is going for 500 600 by itself so no real answer till you find out some more about Iit bud

Just out of curiosity since this a fal thread, ballpark what would a late 50s early 60s fal made and imported from belgium be worth. Family member has one as an old duty weapon and bought it after the department decided to switch to m4. He paid 500 bucks for it 25 years ago.