hey guys so i just finished my conversion will have pics tomarrow. i have a question though, so i installed the kvar warsaw stock and it was a really tight fit so i put it in as far as it would go and pounded it in on the ground..it was still too tight so i took it out and shaved it and now it fits good, my question is can you hurt or bulge the reciever by pounding in a stock like that. it looks fine but im just wondering?

• Like 1

Yes, and that is called "fitting". The parts are supposed to "fit" together you you have to make them do that by trimming and shaping. Example: you can't force square peg in a round hole. You have to round the corners to make it fit.

Edited by Yeoldetool

well at first it fit but was REALLY tight. i put it in as far as it would go the lightly pounded it on the carpet to get it in all the way..i decided it was too tight and took it out and sanded it. im just wondering if it was enough to spread the reciever or mess it up in any way. it looks fine but im just curious..its my new baby..haha

OP, its an AK... You're not going to hurt it. Make it how you want it and go out and shoot the heck out of it. One of your "I didn't mess it up, did I?!" Or other concerned threads are always at the top of the page. Just relax and enjoy it buddy. It should be fun, not something to worry about all the time.

• Like 1

STOP! You could very well have fucked it up, and made it a ticking time bomb by over stressing the receiver's rear trunnion area.

Please, before attempting to fire and risking serious injury... Stop and contemplate the inherent risk associated with such an endeavor.

These are not toys, a KABOOM is a serious incident, you may be injured or even killed.

At great risk, I will sacrifice my personal safety for you, and volunteer to test fire this questionable firearm.

Send it to me with a sealed case of 'Yugo 123gr FMJ on SKS stripper clips', and I will make 100% certain that it is safe for you and your family & friends to shoot.

You're welcome.

• Like 5
hey guys so i just finished my conversion will have pics tomarrow. i have a question though, so i installed the kvar warsaw stock and it was a really tight fit so i put it in as far as it would go and pounded it in on the ground..it was still too tight so i took it out and shaved it and now it fits good, my question is can you hurt or bulge the reciever by pounding in a stock like that. it looks fine but im just wondering?

Just curious but was this Saiga the only one of the 40+ conversions you've done that had a tight fit while installing the stock? JW because all 7 of the conversions I've done have been tight like the one you just converted. Might be a regional thing?

• Like 1