Since I can't get my hands on either I was hoping for recommendations before I place an order. The foregrip will be used on an S-12. I should have plenty of rail to attach either grip and a flashlight. I have big hands so my concern is that the AFG2 might be small. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

I was a test dummy for the AFG. We ran it on every conceivable weapon platform and quadrail we could. One of the issue we found was the "wings" on the AFG prevented the use of accessories or even rail covers in some cases on the side rails. Magpul ran with that, removed the wings and slimmed it down, hence the AFG2 which I have not tried. (The AFG didn't do anything for me, I'm a VFG guy)

• Like 1

I've got both. I PERSONALLY prefer the original, though the second gen is ok too.

For me (with limited dexterity in my non-shooting hand), the AFG 1 is easier to grip, since it has a larger hole in it for my little and ring finger to grab.

Before you buy either make sure to check out the Fab Defense PTK, some (myself included) feel it is an improvement over both...

I took the time to check out the Fab Defense PTK and decided to order it because I thought the addition of the thumb stop was one step above the magpul and also the company ships to Alaska free of charge. Even though shipping from Isreal will take 3-4 weeks I'd rather spend the time waiting than spend extra on shipping because I don't live in the contingent United States. I tend to boycott businesses that do that.

For those not familiar with the PTK I am posting a

. I found the first half to be rather informative but quickly becomes over produced when he makes it to the range.

When I do get some range play with the PTK I'll try and post back with a review.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

I have the AFG2 and I like it, just have to find the sweet spot for it yet. But then again I went with the PTS version to see how I liked it before going US made. It's held up well so far, but I do plan on getting the US version this year.