Need help re-attaching gas tube (metal gasket) Saiga 308

Hi all.

First I want to thank the admins and members here. I have learned so much over the years and this forum has been extremely valuable. I'm truly grateful.

I'm in the middle of trying to finish a long drawn out Saiga 308 conversion. In the process, the metal "o-ring" gasket got taken off the gas tube and I don't remember how it went back on.

[insert embarrassed look here]

(I tried to do a search here and youtube but was unsuccessful)

Can someone please either explain to me, or point me to a pic of how this gasket is oriented?

Because I'm sure I probably have it backwards and or upside down.tinfoilhat.gif <-------dunce cap?

Thanks in advance.

It's actually a spring. It keeps the gas tube from rattling around. Only goes on one way, trick is if you look closely there is a recess for it to sit in with the large flat edge facing up.. (don't have my 308 at the house with my at the moment). You'll have to push firmly, but not crazy hard for it to snap back into place.

It's actually a spring. It keeps the gas tube from rattling around. Only goes on one way, trick is if you look closely there is a recess for it to sit in with the large flat edge facing up.. (don't have my 308 at the house with my at the moment). You'll have to push firmly, but not crazy hard for it to snap back into place.

Thanks my fellow Texan and "Saigapathic Maniac"

I hate to ask another dumb question, but do the tabs that are bent on top and bottom point toward the breech?

(like that sig line BTW)