Bolt cracked at locking block pivot.

I got my XN the other day. Broke it down and cleaned it up. Only things i noticed was a little nick out of the feeder ramps on one side. Took it to the range and shot about 10 rounds of 00 buck. Then a few slugs and various bird-shot Started with FTE. Stovepipes. And then got into FTF. About 60 to 70 percent success rate of about 70 rounds total. Got back home and broke it down to clean and look at doing some fine tuning around the notch for the extractor at the breach of the barrel. Then i noticed this crack on the bolt. Just curious if anyone else had issues with this area. Seems pretty thin material there. Next step RAAC I guess and see if I can get a new bolt.

post-47367-0-16410500-1364944739_thumb.jpg

post-47367-0-06357800-1364944834_thumb.jpg

Edited by rtpfry
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The area of the bolt where that crack becomes evident is more or less non structural and is most likely related to the metallurgy and heat treat process the part undergoes. We have seen this crack in

I here someone is gonna be makeing a replacement bolt soon!!!

Just post em when ya got em-Im in.

Posted Images

is that the hole where the bolt handle goes into?

excuse my ignorance but I have never seen the bolt removed from the gun until now.

if that is a top view then obviously that is not where the bolt handle goeswacko.png

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

I've had warranty issues with mine and RAAC has never let me down as far as getting me parts and trying to make it right (drive block cracks). My guess is you'll get a whole bolt assembly.

The area of the bolt where that crack becomes evident is more or less non structural and is most likely related to the metallurgy and heat treat process the part undergoes. We have seen this crack in literally unfired guns and in guns that have thousands of rounds through them, One of our test guns had this crack initially and has fired many thousands of rounds with no issue, nor with any further propagation of the crack. I think this would only become a problem if the crack continued on the bottom side of the bolt lock hole, in this case I would request a replacement from RAAC, but as of yet we've never seen that happen.

• Like 1

Shipped the whole gun off yesterday. Talked to a gal first who was talking to someone in the back about my situation. Ended up just send us the gun. They said they would try to repair or I would get a whole new one. Easy process of her sending me a warranty problem sheet and UPS label. Funny thing is my UPS store kinda got scared about shipping a shotgun. Said if he had to he would walk it down to the AR shop where I bought it. Which is what happened. Called the shop to make sure it was there and the worker told me he didn't know why UPS was on a paranoid episode. More to come.....

• 4 months later...

Shipped the whole gun off yesterday. Talked to a gal first who was talking to someone in the back about my situation. Ended up just send us the gun. They said they would try to repair or I would get a whole new one. Easy process of her sending me a warranty problem sheet and UPS label. Funny thing is my UPS store kinda got scared about shipping a shotgun. Said if he had to he would walk it down to the AR shop where I bought it. Which is what happened. Called the shop to make sure it was there and the worker told me he didn't know why UPS was on a paranoid episode. More to come.....

So any reply from them yet?

Got mine back two weeks after I sent it out. They replaced the bolt and put in a lighter spring for my feed problems. Test fired it and mailed it back to me. Sad part on my part is that I have a had zero time to go play with it.

Be sure to post after you shoot it,wondering if that bolt will crack again.