I'm bored so I want to start a pic thread... here are a few of my favorite rifles I have.

Kimber Montana 338 Federal (painted by me)

post-46357-0-07325700-1364972243_thumb.jpg

Kimber Montana 25-06 (painted by me)

post-46357-0-72262300-1364972289_thumb.jpg

Kimber Long master VT 22-250

post-46357-0-97963200-1364972346_thumb.jpg

Kimber Montana 7-08 (painted by me)

post-46357-0-56813400-1364972570_thumb.jpg

I have a Ruger 10/22 stainless I painted and a Kimber Classic Select with real nice wood I wanted to upload but my files are too big..

If you can't tell I love painting my synthetic rifles!

Edited by dubya

My Dragunov SVDS in 7.62X54r.Its the paratrooper version of the SVD with a shorter thicker barrel, thicker receiver and a sidefolding stock with a cheekpiece that rotates to allow the use of a scope or the ironsights.Bought it complete with two 10r mags, the 8x42vd scope,original Russian military bipod,Soviet issue SVD mag and accessory pouch and Soviet issue dropcase smile.png

post-44524-0-52287400-1364984533.jpg

With original plastic handguards

post-44524-0-48780800-1364984957_thumb.jpg

With genuine Soviet laminate handguards

Edited by UKAK
  • Like 1

I like that! I wouldn't mind owning one myself so I could hunt with it. X54 ammo isn't exactly rare around here and its fairly cheap. What does something like that run?

ETA - oops just remembered you were overseas

I like that! I wouldn't mind owning one myself so I could hunt with it. X54 ammo isn't exactly rare around here and its fairly cheap. What does something like that run?

IF you can get the SVDS parts and a donor rifle, say maybe a Tigr, plus the cost of of the build will put you around $8,000.

Thank you :).....it was very nearly 2000GBP all in.

54r is quite easy to get here (Mosin Nagants have apretty big following) and i wanted the 'proper' calibre.It was one of two i could find for sale in here in the UK, the other one was a .308

IF you can get the SVDS parts and a donor rifle, say maybe a Tigr, plus the cost of of the build will put you around $8,000.

Please tell me you meant $800 not $8000?

Why? Its basically a 30-06 AK isn't it? I mean its a sweet rifle but its still just a stamped receiver right? Import laws?

How rude!!! ;).A Dragunov/SVD is not based on an AK, unlike the Romanian PSL (nothing worse than seeing a PSL called a Dragunov!).The Dragunov was designed seperately from the AK family and has a milled receiver and uses a short stroke gas system where the gas piston is not attached to the bolt carrier and shares no parts with an AK.The trigger group is completely different and by removing the safety lever from the receiver the trigger group can be removed as a complete assembly.The recoil spring is mounted in the dust cover not on the rear trunnion like an AK.

• Like 1

photo_zpsfb670835.jpg

All I need is a flat head and an ak74 brake in 5/8x24

Oh here's a better pic.

I just brought it home from my uncles machine shop. He threaded the barrel. I'm waiting on an Texas ak designs internal ace style block. I've got an ace stock and folder but I'm not sure I'll be doing the cut tang just yet. I'll order a brake next week.

photo_zps8a8886d0.jpg

Why? Its basically a 30-06 AK isn't it? I mean its a sweet rifle but its still just a stamped receiver right? Import laws?

What the other guy said. Completely different rifle. Functionally closer to a VZ58, SKS or a FAL. Milled receiver, light weight (about 10lbs with a scope). The only thing it has in common with the AK is the country of origin. It does have AK borrowed designs like the dust cover, safety latch, iron sights.....thats about it. Only thing it has in common with a PSL is the caliber it shoots. Not even the mags are interchangeable. There even is a SVD chambered in 9.3x64

Tritium that's cool. Can you post a pic showing where that elevation device is?

That little weird metal circular thing in the pic is supposed to be it. It is on the left side of the stock (not the bolt side shown in the picture.)

That little weird metal circular thing in the pic is supposed to be it. It is on the left side of the stock (not the bolt side shown in the picture.)

Have you tried to post this on Gunboards? There is a MN section with a lot of knowledgeable folks

Have you tried to post this on Gunboards? There is a MN section with a lot of knowledgeable folks

Have not. Will check it out. Sent pix to a national military museum curator in eastern Europe and even he's never seen one like it.Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
My totally uneducated guess on the grenade sight is it's missing a part.

Kinda looks like it, doesn't it? A retired ATF guy I know thinks he saw a rifle like that in a museum somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my two newest toys. A home built 6.8 SPC II with Aero lower & BCM upper and Magpul UBR stock, a DPMS lower with Magpul ACS-L stock and a Huldra 556 piston upper when it arrives. I also ordered a Boberg billet lower that was spendy but is about the coolest/nicest lower I've seen, I think I'll make that a 7.62x39 or just another 556.post-46357-0-46152300-1368754262_thumb.jpgpost-46357-0-09202600-1368754276.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Here are my two newest toys. A home built 6.8 SPC II with Aero lower & BCM upper and Magpul UBR stock, a DPMS lower with Magpul ACS-L stock and a Huldra 556 piston upper when it arrives. I also ordered a Boberg billet lower that was spendy but is about the coolest/nicest lower I've seen, I think I'll make that a 7.62x39 or just another 556.attachicon.gifIMG_20130510_155835_522.jpgattachicon.gifCDH_15.jpg

Sweet.  I have a Huldra Mark IV 5.45x39 complete upper finally headed my way (friggen waited months to score one off of the Mills Fleet Farm website), that I'm going to mount to an AXTS AX556 lower receiver.

greedy.gif 

Edited by Gary