socom 16 whats a good price these days

I found someone selling a socom 16 with a 50 round drum and 7 20 round mags and an ERB stock for 3000. Does that sound like a reasonable price these days or am I just following the panic buyers. It is a sweet gun and would finish my gun buying(for now at least). What do you guys think?

Some one with more ballistic background might be able to get into this better but do you get the benefit of a 308 with the shorter barrel. Seems like that caliber is usually in a 22 inch or longer barrel. Got to admit the gun looks hell-a-cool and bad ass. Even with a shorter barrel I sure it’s still got a pretty good punch but over distance does it shoot well or is that even an issue to you?

With the extras and all in today’s market 3 may be the new number.

I'm not planning on 500 yard shots an if it's accurate out to 200-300 I'd be thrilled but I've never shot one so I'm not sure how it will do at that distance

2-300 yards, that's nothing for a center fire rifle, you can do that with a AR for a whole lot cheaper.

IMO, if you're going to drop a small fortune on that, make sure you really, really want it and that it's not "wim"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins