Milled and Confused - Arsenal SAM7R... Standard Stock Sets/Accessories

For the life of me... I can not choose. I know, what a stupid complaint, buy a gun and get over it, right? Always dreamed of a milled receiver, don't know why though, seems stamped lasts forever too. So then it comes down to starting a build with a stamped Izhmash/Arsenal/Legion AK receiver with a kick ass durable finish right especially if most standard accessories won't fit the SAM7... right?

IYHO

post-47153-0-38243100-1365027141.jpgpost-47153-0-43873800-1365027143.jpgpost-47153-0-03844700-1365027152_thumb.jpgpost-47153-0-84741900-1365027154.jpg
Ok, some of you are going to say"grow a pair & just buy a (another) gun"...lol I hear ya, but indulge me, would ya? I need to put more than 5 minutes of thought into it this time.
The next one is my Russian bride to be, help me with her pedigree .RUSSIAN-1-1.jpg7.jpg
I mean the rifles guys... really
Edited by redrocker35

Here are a few of Sam's attributes:

• 100% new-production parts and components.
  • Bulgarian hot-die hammer forged receiver, bolt, bolt carrier, and double-hook trigger(Anyone know if that's a stage or 2 stage?)
  • Cold hammer-forged 16.3” barrel from Arsenal’s Bulgarian factory, built on Steyr manufacturing technology
  • Hard-chrome plated bore and chamber
  • Removable 4-port muzzle brake with 14x1mm left-hand threads.
  • AK scope rail.
  • Intermediate length US-made 10” trapdoor buttstock. (Total length of pull 13.4”.)
  • 922® compliant with US or imported magazines.
  • Substantially extended service life over other types of assemblies.

And some of Rak's attributes:

• Polished & Electro less Nickel Plated Bolt carrier & Bolt
  • Top quality Finish manganese phosphate finished with a Teflon top coat for maximum protection.
  • Excellent fit and finish
  • Traditional Russian Reddish Brown Style wood color stock set for the Classic old school AK look.
  • I year warranty
  • Tapco G2 fire control
  • Russian Writing & Factory Stamps
  • Highlighted Letters & Markings
  • Shipped in rifle hard case for protection
  • 45 Slant style flash hider
  • AND that "beauty mark" behind & below the Safe - Fire selector

Is either one truly a better gun? IYHO of course...

Edited by redrocker35

I have a very nice Saiga and a SAM7R and think they are both top notch.......

All comes down to how much cash you got laying around......right now the more important issue should be......do you have nearly enough ammo?

The wood is nicer than Polymer.....thats the only thing I see

I have a very nice Saiga and a SAM7R and think they are both top notch.......

All comes down to how much cash you got laying around......right now the more important issue should be......do you have nearly enough ammo?

The wood is nicer than Polymer.....thats the only thing I see

How much is enough ammo? There is the old saying, you can never have too much... 1,000 rounds good for starters you think?

Man I love that red wood. Damn its just so pretty. But I also love the metal folding stock, side folder that is.

Ahhh, the metal folding stock, I hear ya... but you know what they say...

redheads-sexy-redhead-demotivational-pos

BTW, what do you think about the Rakurs on Red there?

Edited by redrocker35
  • Like 3

Well hell... went ahead & got hitched to SAM-antha (7R) , with a middle name like Arsenal, she'll get me thru tough times. I followed up on her pedigree and through a little research, that no conversion was necessary. This Bulgarian milled AK type start life as a true 7.62x39 ARSENAL Semi-Automatic Rifle (SAR-M7F without the folder stock maybe?) from the large scale manufacturer ARSENAL JS CompanyExhibID_2_Graphic1.jpg that was founded in 1878 in Rousse and subsequently moved to Kazanlak, Bulgaria (as the 1st factory meant to serve the newly created Bulgarian Army), not the import/reputable manufacturer of same name Arsenal Inc out of Vegas arsenal.jpg... didn't know there was a difference until recently.

I'd been much much happier with the SGL 21-61 I originally ordered. K-var insisted that a glitch in their system incorrectly indicated it was available, allowed me to purchase and gloat before they called hours later to give me the bad news & a "alternative" in the Arsenal SAM7R (@ a much steeper $$$) On a even sadder note, the sales guy at k-var also said there won't be no red dye job either, unless I hook it up myself (which sounds right up my alley). Apparently Bulgarian milled receiver stocks don't come that way, anyone know differently? The plus side? That Rakurs will still look great on SAM ... Bulgarian girl.gif girls are nice too, huh? Wouldn't of got any sleep anyway.

Edited by redrocker35
Man I love that red wood. Damn its just so pretty. But I also love the metal folding stock, side folder that is.

yum.

yum.

Fake redheads do not work for me like the real thing! I would not kick her out of bed though. Same goes for the rifle stocks....um....yeah that is what this thread was about!

yum.

Fake redheads do not work for me like the real thing! I would not kick her out of bed though. Same goes for the rifle stocks....um....yeah that is what this thread was about!

Yeah, its always about the rifle stocks... always. I hear ya about the carpet matching the drapes, although to me its all about how much play you have in the receiver... being blessed with the right caliber never hurt either.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
of all my aks the milled arsenal is my favorite

After easing through close to the first 1000 rounds I bought with the SAM7R, I understand why....not a hiccup one. I worried at first that so many would bring negative attention its funny is, the neighbors have been increasing the amount of rounds spent as well. The smell of gunpowder and coffee in the morning, gotta love it especially with such a wonderful rifle. I believe I ought to be able to show a little more self control on the new batch of ammo by not opening one of the spam cans.