what color/strength loctite for auto plug?

You'll want to clean the threads (male and female) of your plug thoroughly with a light degreaser like rubbing alcohol, on a swab. Then apply the blue Loctite and allow to dry before use.
That might of been my mistake. I forgot to clean it before applying the blue loctite. Now I will clean and reapply.

Thanks

Edited by Run and Gun

Just got one but have not installed yet. Do I Loctite the adjustment screw, actual unit to the gun, or both? Instructions with mine said it has been factory set out of the package and no adjustment should be necessary. Is this something new with the TAC47 Auto Plug?

It did say adjustments could be made if necessary but the wording seemed to indicated it would not be necessary. Gun is at gunsmith's now as it would not handle low brass right out of the box. I wanted to have that corrected prior to changing gas plugs and prior to converting it. I also have a CSS gas puck on the way. Between the gunsmith, auto plug and puck, I am hoping FTE will be rare to non existent.

Neverhome

The autoplug comes preset to operate at a specific pressure that should be sufficient to cycle low brass in a decently running shot gun. However the nature of sagia shotguns is to vary greatly gun to gun. Some adjustment may very well be necessary.

You only need to locktite the adjustment screw into the auto plug ONCE you have your gun set to run low brass with it installed. Just count the number of threads so you can replace it to the correct tension. The dentet on the gasblock will keep the autoplug's body from backing out, no need to locktite that.

Teflon tape is used as a seal and for thread lubrication to facilitate in removal/installation of tapered threads. So long you don't get a bunch of excess tape inside the spring area, I can't see what harm it would cause, though I wouldn't imagine it would be that effective.

• 3 weeks later...