I bought a baseball mitt from Dick's last week. Luckily the local Dick's is located right next to a Bass Pro. I tend to spend my $ there instead of Dick's for camping/shooting/outdoor supplies. Although if possible, I try to support local gun shops. If possible meaning any ammo at all in stock.

The one we have down here is next to Bass Pro and there ammo is always cheaper. They are now at the same price right now ,NOTHING!

However wife looked at a Sig P238 last night at Bass Pro , She held it and liked it and I said we will take it but She said no.

I asked Her why? and She said we can get it cheaper somewhere else. $779 Sig P238 Copper something.

Looks like I will have a 380 in the family againreal soon.

Been to Gulf Coast Town Center much? I was at Bass Pro earlier buying some 12 ga.

Not much, but I like the fish and chips at the restaurant . The shelves were sure bear but I do not buy much from them they are to expensive including their guns.

Funny. BPS is the only place I can find a variety of 12 ga. I agree they're gun prices are ridiculous. IIRC Shoot Straight Fort Myers had P238s for around $670-750. They seem to have the best gun prices down here. I haven't really found cheap ammo anywhere in this state. Probably because I moved here around mid Sept. It didn't really give me much time to evaluate the real world ammo market.

Dicks is like Sportsmans Whorehouse but more gay.

Overpriced rainbow-colored yuppie bullshit.

Years ago I walked into a Dick-sucker Sporting Goods and walked right back out.

I bought a baseball mitt from Dick's last week. Luckily the local Dick's is located right next to a Bass Pro. I tend to spend my $ there instead of Dick's for camping/shooting/outdoor supplies. Although if possible, I try to support local gun shops. If possible meaning any ammo at all in stock.

The one we have down here is next to Bass Pro and there ammo is always cheaper. They are now at the same price right now ,NOTHING!

However wife looked at a Sig P238 last night at Bass Pro , She held it and liked it and I said we will take it but She said no.

I asked Her why? and She said we can get it cheaper somewhere else. $779 Sig P238 Copper something.

Been to Gulf Coast Town Center much? I was at Bass Pro earlier buying some 12 ga.

Not much, but I like the fish and chips at the restaurant . The shelves were sure bear but I do not buy much from them they are to expensive including their guns.

Funny. BPS is the only place I can find a variety of 12 ga. I agree they're gun prices are ridiculous. IIRC Shoot Straight Fort Myers had P238s for around $670-750. They seem to have the best gun prices down here. I haven't really found cheap ammo anywhere in this state. Probably because I moved here around mid Sept. It didn't really give me much time to evaluate the real world ammo market.

If you like a nice ride to the glades LOU LAND is the range to do.

If you like a nice ride to the glades LOU LAND is the range to do.

Looks good from the website. Do they allow buckshot? I still have not found a range that allows bird/buck/slug shooting.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you read any of the comments below the article? A lot of people are saying Dick's is still selling guns and that employees have no idea about the "pulling firearms" story. Just saying. Seems like the truth might be somewhere in between,

I wouldn't know I won't ever step into one of their stores. After reading the article I'm glad they are taking a hit in the pocket, and their stock has dropped. Now that I know they own Golf Galaxy, I will never shop there either if I ever take up golf. As it stands the only use I have for golf balls are targets at 100 yards.big_smile.gif

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 1
I wouldn't know I won't ever step into one of their stores. After reading the article I'm glad they are taking a hit in the pocket, and their stock has dropped. Now that I know they own Golf Galaxy, I will never shop there either if I ever take up golf. As it stands the only use I have for golf balls are targets at 100 yards.big_smile.gif

^^^^^^THIS

I thought we were all done talking about cocks chicken.gif

Short memories biggrin.png

• Like 1