These people are fucking insane. I can only imagine the broad interepretations in this bill. By the time these fucktards are done, none of us will pass her fucking psych test as we'll all be fuking crazy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/state-rep-beth-mccann-to-_n_3018187.html#slide=221479

• Like 1

Might be time to move, John. Sorry to see that.

I just keep looking forward to relief, hopefully, after the mid-term elections (maybe even during the mid-term election run-up; come spring next year, the elections will be in full swing, and likely, these democrats will be running to hide their ways on guns). I pray to god there is a landslide in favor of the republicans (not that I like republicans either -- well, maybe the tea party republicans, but they even have their issues that they have to cut, e.g., abortion), but at least there is a better chance of them protecting my personal liberties. If the republicans can move even 5 seats in the senate, we are in much better shape.

Check out this dumbass in the comments section of that article. Oh wait, FUCK YOU!

SMH at the sheeple. Must....Keep....Calm.....

Oh wait, does me saying that through gritted teeth with a slightly, well let's just say, awkward grin make me a candidate to be reported?

Beginning to feel like a prole here........Oh wait, FUCK YOU!

SUPER USER·1,300 Fans·I Think, therefore I POST!
Excellent. Colorado will lead the nation in the effort to curb gun violence - I commend them for being brave enought to step up and be seen as being against the human tragedy that gun violence represents.

I should note that many of these new laws are preliminary - they will need tuning - there is no call or need to victimize honest, responsible gun owners - but the weeding process must begin, and only demonstrably responsible citizens should wield deadly weapons.

If we overreach to save lives and reduce the violence - so be it. Civilians in this day and age have little use for guns - they may want them, but they really don't need them - crime is too random and unpredictable, you can't respond fast enough in the civilian setting - the only defense is take criminals off the street and keep them off - we have our police forces to thank for that largely successful effort.

No, the Wild Wild West in only in the movies - we are a land of laws, and guns are too dangerous for most citizens to own - still, it's fine to do so - responsibly.

No, the Wild Wild West in only in the movies - we are a land of laws, and guns are too dangerous for most citizens to own - still, it's fine to do so - responsibly.

Until you see shit like in the thread I just posted up. Then this guy just looks like a fucking moron

Fuck Huffington Post

I open that article and it's immediately covered up by a popup of a bunch of images of criminals, Gabby Giffords, Bill Clinton, and all the usual bullshit. Let's not bother to include any examples of guns saving lives - must not be any.

Oh, and the first image shown is of Reagan's assassination attempt. You know, the one that was committed with a small-caliber revolver, and look - there's one of Reagan's bodyguards standing to the side with an "assault weapon." Good for them, not for you & I.

It's really funny.. See I would at least consider voting for a democratic politician about five years ago. Hell, I've mentioned before that I voted for Obama in 08 (sorry dudes), but this BS has pretty much guaranteed that I won't ever vote for a democrat ever again in the near future, until they kick these statist assholes out of their party for good, and provide proof of it - as in, jail sentences.

I've become so serious about pro-2A shit now, and so much against Obama and the dem party, that people I debate politics with now call me a liar when I say that I voted for Obama the first time around.

• Like 4
Might be time to move, John. Sorry to see that.

I just keep looking forward to relief, hopefully, after the mid-term elections (maybe even during the mid-term election run-up; come spring next year, the elections will be in full swing, and likely, these democrats will be running to hide their ways on guns). I pray to god there is a landslide in favor of the republicans (not that I like republicans either -- well, maybe the tea party republicans, but they even have their issues that they have to cut, e.g., abortion), but at least there is a better chance of them protecting my personal liberties. If the republicans can move even 5 seats in the senate, we are in much better shape.

We have been looking at options that will still fulfill my wife's contract. I'm still not ready to jump as I don't trust any state. I need to be smart cuz I can only NOT AFFORD to do this once.

As it stands now, the only gun I own is a bolt action, single shot, 22. So they can FUCK OFF!

Fuck Huffington Post

I open that article and it's immediately covered up by a popup of a bunch of images of criminals, Gabby Giffords, Bill Clinton, and all the usual bullshit. Let's not bother to include any examples of guns saving lives - must not be any.

Oh, and the first image shown is of Reagan's assassination attempt. You know, the one that was committed with a small-caliber revolver, and look - there's one of Reagan's bodyguards standing to the side with an "assault weapon." Good for them, not for you & I.

It's really funny.. See I would at least consider voting for a democratic politician about five years ago. Hell, I've mentioned before that I voted for Obama in 08 (sorry dudes), but this BS has pretty much guaranteed that I won't ever vote for a democrat ever again in the near future, until they kick these statist assholes out of their party for good, and provide proof of it - as in, jail sentences.

I've become so serious about pro-2A shit now, and so much against Obama and the dem party, that people I debate politics with now call me a liar when I say that I voted for Obama the first time around.

Glad to hear you came to your senses and converted!

• Like 1

She actually had the sack to answer me via FB. The ONLY reason she answered is because she's not doing it at this time. But, at least she answered which is much more than I can say for my Governor. Here's her reply...

Representative Beth McCann - Colorado House District 8. Thanks for contacting me about the draft of a bill. The bill that has been circulated in the press is NOT going to be introduced; we continue to work on the issue of access to guns by those with mental health or substance abuse concerns as this is a serious concern for public safety and one we hope to be able to address with bipartisan support.

Don't they remember the Soviets using the charge of mental illness to lock up every dissident they got their hands on?

Mental illness is the most easily abused diagnosis imaginable.

Well of course they don't remember if they ever knew, but we do.

This nutcase got abused on every form of media. She got a quick clue that this was going to go over like a fart in church. I think she thought that since they were on a roll, it was a good time to introduce this abusive law.

http://www.9news.com/news/politics/328535/166/Colorado-Democrat-quickly-backs-off-gun-bill

Here is her mag ban partner caught lying. Go figure!

Colorado Rep. Rhonda Fields, D-Aurora, a prominent figure in the charge to pass stricter firearms laws, said Friday that she "misspoke" in a national radio interview when referencing an assault rifle as the weapon that killed her son.

"His car and him and his fiancée were riddled with an assault rifle," Fields told Scott Horsley, NPR's White House correspondent, on Wednesday.

Fields' interview with NPR came on the same day President Barack Obama arrived in Denver to urge lawmakers in Washington to follow suit with Colorado in passing tougher gun laws, such as universal background checks.

Fields, who attended Obama's visit Wednesday, has championed gun-control measures that place limits on ammunition magazines and require universal background checks. Both bills passed through the Democrat-controlled legislature and weresigned into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper last month.

But Fields' comment about an "assault rifle" being used in the murders of her son and his fiancée comes without certainty, according to the Arapahoe County district attorney's office.

Javad Marshall-Fields and Vivian Wolfe were shot and killed while seated in a vehicle at an Aurora intersection in June 2005.

According to the Arapahoe County district attorney's office, two guns were fired at the couple — a .45-caliber semiautomatic weapon and a 9mm semiautomatic. A total of 14 bullet casings — eight 9mm and six .45-caliber — were found at the scene. The .45-caliber bullets are what killed Marshall-Fields and Wolfe, said a spokeswoman with the district attorney's office.

A spokeswoman with the district attorney's office said in an e-mail that no guns were ever recovered in the case and that "since no firearms were recovered in connection with this murder, there is no definitive evidence regarding what kind of .45-cal firearm was used or who manufactured that firearm."

Sir Mario Owens and Robert Ray were convicted in the murders and are on death row.

David Kopel, research director of the libertarian-conservative Independence Institute and professor of constitutional law at the University of Denver, said Friday guns usually called "assault rifles" are rarely .45-caliber. Moreover, Kopel notes the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency's definition of an "assault rifle" is a battlefield rifle with a switch that can change the firearm's shooting mechanism from automatic to semiautomatic.

"It wasn't an assault rifle, and I'm still trying to investigate what kind of gun was used," Fields said Friday. She said she would reach out to NPR to clarify her comments.

Fields' comments have had ripple effects within her own party.

In a Denver Post op-ed penned by U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Denver, on Friday, the congresswomanalludes to Fields' son being killed with an "assault weapon."

"Despite her long reputation as a tireless advocate for gun safety, and as the parent of a child gunned down by an assault weapon, the attacks were ugly and personal," wrote DeGette in regard to some of the harassment Fields has endured as the leading proponent of stricter gun laws in Colorado.

Bill Adair, editor of PolitiFact, said it amazes him how quickly something can spread when there is little evidence to back it up.

"But that's the nature of political discourse in a new-media age," Adair said. "It's important for politicians to be mindful of the words they use — and be able to back them up with facts."

Earlier in the week,a spokeswoman for DeGette said she misspoke when discussing ammunition magazinesat a Denver Post forum.

Inan interview with The Denver Post last week, Fields noted that "scars of my past, with my son and the Aurora shooting, have brought me to where I am today."

Read more:Colorado Rep. Rhonda Fields "misspoke" in reference to assault rifle - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_22971686/colorado-rep-rhonda-fields-misspoke-reference-assault-rifle#ixzz2PvITxaBL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter|Denverpost on Facebook

• 4 weeks later...
Big John! "Does It Ever End!"

Only when the commies assume room temperature...

Haha... Good call. Better watch it or she will report this false threat and get you busted as well.

No one or two people should ever have the power to take away a person's gun rights, I don't care what their profession is or what they are a "doctor" of. That being said, there does need to be some kind of mechanism for raising red flags on these nut jobs who are running around out there that everyone knows have no business with a gun. It's a hard question with no easy answer, but the bill in question isn't it.

50% of the population should be denied. Any woman that has ever experienced PMS should be denied the right to own a gun. They are ALL batshit crazy. Any man. ANY man can attest to that. Conversly, NO woman, NO WOMAN should EVER be assigned to attest to the mental state of a man, because they are ALL BATSHIT CRAZY at one point in their lives every fucking month!

• Like 1
No one or two people should ever have the power to take away a person's gun rights, I don't care what their profession is or what they are a "doctor" of. That being said, there does need to be some kind of mechanism for raising red flags on these nut jobs who are running around out there that everyone knows have no business with a gun. It's a hard question with no easy answer, but the bill in question isn't it.

There is no way to do this. Sorry there just isn't. We need to decide NOW whether a small handfull of lives that are taken by a nutjob once a year or two or three is worth the gov interfering with your last right to privacy. Every other privacy has been taken. Every one. So many people will get caught in this and on the flip side people will not seek help in fear of losing their rights. Gun crime as a whole is actually a very small problem. I watched a thing on distracted drivers. Texting, talking on the phone, eating cereal, blah blah blah... That is killing and hurting more people than guns. There are bigger fish to fry. Don't fall for the disarming agenda.

50% of the population should be denied. Any woman that has ever experienced PMS should be denied the right to own a gun. They are ALL batshit crazy. Any man. ANY man can attest to that. Conversly, NO woman, NO WOMAN should EVER be assigned to attest to the mental state of a man, because they are ALL BATSHIT CRAZY at one point in their lives every fucking month!

That's some funny shit. Too bad it's true, hahaha...